News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally have a tiny inside scoop for the thread! Nothing mind-bending but I'll share nonetheless:

I know someone who "graduated" from Greenestone yesterday. They are a respected professional. We had a brief discussion this evening. They confirmed that Rob Ford is indeed there. He's in the 60 day program. He takes part in the program and seems genuinely to want help. He is always making jokes and the other clients seem to like him (This person said they were not expecting to like him due to everything they knew, yet ended up becoming one of his good friends.). They go to AA/NA meetings on-site and off-site. They get to keep/use their phones and that Rob is getting calls regularly while there, from media and others. They said they felt bad for him because it's hard for him to stay focused while he tries to get help. There is an aftercare program available in Toronto.

Clients get urine tested every Tuesday. This is not foolproof since it happens every Tuesday. There are people there who bring drugs in and are using, although I'm not sure if this is something that is common at rehab? People know that if they use on Tuesday or Wednesday, they are good to go for the test. They are also allowed to go overnight back to Toronto unsupervised, if they have a reason. This person came back and actually used but managed to skip the test because he made up excuses as to why he couldn't come back in time for the Tuesday test, which wasn't done upon his return. He fessed up on his own eventually but was allowed to stay. I forgot to ask whether Rob has gone anywhere.

Sounds like a relatively cushy rehab overall. I think you could get clean there but there is alot of leeway given for screwing around. They do have a structured program but I get the sense they will take your money and figure it's up to you whether or not you want to take their program seriously. If not, they will gladly take your money and let you stay.

I asked about the Escalade incident. He was a bit wary at that point and said he couldn't/wouldn't go into detail, but that Rob lent the car to McRobb and that he was "actually doing something really nice". It sounds like the correct theory is that McRobb got turfed and had crashed her other car, and gave a sob story to Rob who, being the idiot who craves the acceptance of others, lent her his Escalade. Once again, Rob Ford, The Victim.

And there goes my first and likely final 15 seconds of fame in this thread.

Her father, Bill McRobb, declined to comment at his Georgian Bay home, where he rents cottages and runs a marina. Asked if he wanted to say anything in defence of his daughter, he replied: “I know my daughter.”
ouch.

Meghan Gresham Riva, who is friends with (McRobb’s sister] Sarrasin…said…”I would say that if she was in rehab and he was there…because of his status and popularity, she would have gone towards that. She would have not been shy. “

Damn, forgot the football team. It's practically a country song.

Personally, I've been trying to write this as the 'feel good movie of the year' (out of no love for the man, but fascination of the mythic quality of the tale). It's easy. Just subtract the prevailing drug use, self-destructive addictive behaviour, ridiculous enabling family, entitled wealth and criminal association! Oh, and he still coaches football.

Imagine, a man who everybody derides as an idiot, somehow becomes mayor of a large city. As mayor, 'the elites' and 'the press' try to bring him down. Despite this opposition, he keeps helping 'the little guy', railing against waste and corruption. All the while, of course, he's coaching his beloved football team. In that regard, Success! To a degree. He takes his team all the way to the finals. A whole city watches, Some hope he fails. Others wonder if the team might win. In the final moments, heartbreakingly, the team loses. So close! A great defeat, to be sure. But...in the denouement, his underdog credentials secured, he goes on to win the hearts and minds of the people, winning re-election.

TL/DR? It's "The Natural" meets "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington". With even less crack.

So heading down the rabbit hole I stumbled upon the "welcoming mayor ford back to city hall" facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/637199626359126/

Worth it to take a read. My personal highlight:

"Michael Weinberg: Gerry I don't know a lot of politicians so I never heard of that Warmington guy but this election is the first one I can vote in and I'm gonna vote for ford up to the max number of times we can. Everyone I know thinks ford is awesome bc he just seems so laid back and chill not like that Tory guy who seems like such a tightass jerk who I bet you never parties. GO FORD!!!!!!!"

Last edited:
So heading down the rabbit hole I stumbled upon the "welcoming mayor ford back to city hall" facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/637199626359126/

Worth it to take a read. My personal highlight:

"Michael Weinberg: Gerry I don't know a lot of politicians so I never heard of that Warmington guy but this election is the first one I can vote in and I'm gonna vote for ford up to the max number of times we can. Everyone I know thinks ford is awesome bc he just seems so laid back and chill not like that Tory guy who seems like such a tightass jerk who I bet you never parties. GO FORD!!!!!!!"

He must think voting in an election is like up-voting a comment he likes online.

Yeah I can buy this story was a situation of misguided benevolence. Not asking about Ford's comings and goings though strikes me as a lost opportunity.

Dude, you left out the best part!

Patrick Corrigan, who was visiting the area over the weekend, said he saw the mayor and a woman with “orangey hair†driving in Gravenhurst on Sunday.
Corrigan, a former Star cartoonist, said he saw the car turn into the entrance of the Marriott Hotel in town.
“They sit there five minutes, she jumps into hotel then returns in a bit leans in waves goodbye as Ford, now driving, heads off and back up northbound on 169. He never left vehicle so must have slid across seats to drive,†Corrigan wrote in an email.

They went to a hotel. She goes into the hotel for a bit. Comes out, LEANS IN THE CAR. Ford drives away. Hello! Can you say drug buy??

Not to mention, Ford out and about on Sunday makes a liar out of the CEO of GreeneStone who said this to the CBC:

The CEO of the rehab facility said Ford has not been off the property in the last week except to attend, while supervised, an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

The CEO also told CBC News that Ford has been "clean and sober" and that his vehicle has not been at the facility.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/rob-ford-s-escalade-impounded-woman-charged-with-dui-1.2650013

The off-site AA meetings take place on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back