8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. It's almost unheard of.

My guess is they were hoping to find evidence showing that Rob was involved in Sandro's drug business. It would have been cheaper to look in the envelopes, IMO. Can they do that, whatthe, or would it be an illegal search?

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...of_chows_perceived_communication_problem.html

By: Sarah Neville Published on Mon Oct 20 2014 column in the Toronto Star

"Are race, gender at heart of Chow’s perceived communication problem?
Women and minorities are more likely to be criticized for their style, rather than their substance, than are white men.

.... overt racism is easily spotted and hence easily dismissed. More alarming is the more subtle bias inherent in criticism of her “communication style.â€

Yeah... no. I'm criticizing her 'communication style' because it was DEVOID OF COMMUNICATION. Telling the same story, over and over, about someone having trouble getting on a TTC vehicle because it was packed, was terrible. And that is, sincerely, the only communication of hers I can remember, a week before the vote.

It annoys me when someone blames me for 'not getting it.' I got it. I really, really did.

Generally speaking (there are of course exceptions to every rule), that's correct! And uncooperative witnesses do hobble police investigations quite frequently. I have had many, many cases fall apart because of the code on the streets - witnesses won't cooperate, so the charges are withdrawn.

Thanks! I had no idea. Here, they may be examined under oath before the grand jury, even without actual charges having been laid, provided there is suspicion of potential criminal conduct - not by the police, but if the Attorney General agrees there is cause, I believe. (I am not an attorney, so anyone who knows the process better than I, please correct me!...am drawing from news reports and televised examinations, such as - to take an example from a similar government position to Ford's - that of Kwame Kilpatrick, from which the later perjury charges arose as it could later be evidenced that he had lied before the grand jury). Not a simple route to interviewing a suspect or non-suspect who might have helpful information, but another tool in the toolbox for law enforcement.

My guess is they were hoping to find evidence showing that Rob was involved in Sandro's drug business. It would have been cheaper to look in the envelopes, IMO. Can they do that, whatthe, or would it be an illegal search?

If the envelopes were in the car, they'd have to get a search warrant for the car to get them.

If the envelopes were in the car, they'd have to get a search warrant for the car to get them.

Just galls me they watched this happen but weren't able to intercept. Surely they could've had a car pass by during a Lisi/Ford pow-wow in the park, even if it was only to uncover public drinking...another 'if only'

Just galls me they watched this happen but weren't able to intercept. Surely they could've had a car pass by during a Lisi/Ford pow-wow in the park, even if it was only to uncover public drinking...another 'if only'

I think the only reasonable explanation (and the likely one) is that they didn't want to blow a larger investigation for small stuff. I've seen that many times, even with big investigations involving my clients. Let's just hope something eventually pans out.

I think the only reasonable explanation (and the likely one) is that they didn't want to blow a larger investigation for small stuff. I've seen that many times, even with big investigations involving my clients. Let's just hope something eventually pans out.

I know, I know...it just seems they went whole hog for nothing.

My guess is they were hoping to find evidence showing that Rob was involved in Sandro's drug business.

I think so too. Or Sandro was involved in Rob's business lol. Likely a smallish operation but, still, he's the mayor...

Last edited:
So, this sort of has my attention:

Jude MacDonald @judemacdonald · 6m 6 minutes ago
LOL, little G knows when I say something is about to drop, it's about to drop, lashes out at the tweetersville to make it all stop. LOL

Jude MacDonald @judemacdonald · 1h 1 hour ago
Get ready for another newspaper rumoured false claimed thingy mcdingy.

LOL

Whatever she is alluding to, it is not enough to sway Ford supporters (nothing will). Still, another scandal could help and make things interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back