39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the story Kinsella and his partner were promising:
JOHN TORY BARS WOMAN BECAUSE OF HER MALE PARTNER

And Toronto mayoralty candidate again attempts to bully news media

TORONTO – Toronto mayoral candidate John Tory has decreed that Lisa Kirbie will not be permitted to provide political commentary for CityNews at his Election Night gathering – because of who Kirbie’s partner is.
http://lisakirbie.com/2014/10/john-tory-bars-woman-because-of-her-male-partner/

Quite the bombshell.

TORONTO – Toronto mayoral candidate John Tory has decreed that Lisa Kirbie will not be permitted to provide political commentary for CityNews at his Election Night gathering – because of who Kirbie’s partner is.

From her comments, it seems like Tory made the right call.

Why would he want her at his party when she and her man have been bashing him for months?

Quite the bombshell.

It might be BS for someone to say that she would be expected to be a witness in Kinsella's defamation action against Kouvalis (given that it seems to be based on tweets, not - say - meetings). Most definitely it is BS for her to say that she cannot be a witness just because she is not named in the Statement of Claim or the Statement of Defense. (If any lie was being told about a court process here, that would be it - although the falsehood might just be the result of ignorance.)

Last edited:
Why would he want her at his party when she and her man have been bashing him for months?

Exactly. Me thinks the leadership at the House of Kinsella is having a hard time distinguishing between partisanship and sexism. Pretty lame example of opportunism, IMO, even in the cheesy category.

Quit it with the doom & gloom, casita. Nothing much is going to happen, a few goons will kick over some newspaper boxes and smash a few store or car windows -- no worse than any Saturday night in the club district, or after a Leafs loss (or both). FN are not doers; if they were they would have got something done over 4 years. They will crawl back into their holes and go back to grumbling in their basements and spewing bile on social media.

And even if they are out in the streets, I most certainly will NOT carry around Ford Nation flags as "camouflage" -- good grief! What was the point of people fighting and dying for our freedoms if we have to live like that! It's not a life worth living, I'd rather confront the attack head on with my dignity intact.

Well said, Kat!

I will let you guys know if there are mass riots at the Scarborough camping office. :p Honk if you love subways!

Last edited:
Ford math to the bitter end.

CP24 2:33pm via Twitter Web Client
Rob Ford adds that he thinks Doug Ford will get about 45 per cent of the vote tonight.

"In my opinion..."

He's entitled to his opinion, folks! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

Quit it with the doom & gloom, casita. Nothing much is going to happen, a few goons will kick over some newspaper boxes and smash a few store or car windows -- no worse than any Saturday night in the club district, or after a Leafs loss (or both). FN are not doers; if they were they would have got something done over 4 years. They will crawl back into their holes and go back to grumbling in their basements and spewing bile on social media.

And even if they are out in the streets, I most certainly will NOT carry around Ford Nation flags as "camouflage" -- good grief! What was the point of people fighting and dying for our freedoms if we have to live like that! It's not a life worth living, I'd rather confront the attack head on with my dignity intact.

+10,000. Ford Nation is mostly a phantom. Low-info voters repeat a slogan or say they want subways when a reporters puts a mic in front of them. Then they vote for their guy. It's not a Fifth Column. Shenanigans? Sure. But as Kat wisely points out, we see that kind of stuff on any given Saturday night

Exactly. Me thinks the leadership at the House of Kinsella is having a hard time distinguishing between partisanship and sexism. Pretty lame example of opportunism, IMO, even in the cheesy category.
So does Warren Kinsella think that had he a husband instead of a wife, that the husband wouldn't have been just as banned?

dud_small_smaller_images.jpg

Attachments

• dud_small_smaller_images.jpg
    dud_small_smaller_images.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 735

I'm you're right, Kat. For some reason the Vancouver hockey riot came to mind. But, we're not like that in Toronto.

I was using this source for a reference:
http://www.mtlblog.com/2014/05/10-things-habs-fans-riot/

"Game 7 can go either way, and a likely situation, no matter who wins: Habs fans will go nuts."

Last edited:
If out on the town tonight, it might be best to avoid wearing your non-FN flags and logo in public. It's just asking for trouble. In fact, it wouldn't hurt to have some FN paraphernalia to break out in case of emergency.

By all means, wear your colours with pride when among friends.

I think we're freaking ourselves out here.

Anyhow, that's not how one deals with bullies. :)

I would say to simply stay away from lotsa alcohol and to walk away from drunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back