News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly would Lisi get off? I know the judge has openly disdained the case, but why is the case considered weak? They have an undercover officer who bought drugs supplied by Lisi and Lisi was then found with the marked bills. I knew guys in high school who went to jail for less. What am I missing??

I admittedly haven't been following all that closely, but I'm not sure there's been any admissible evidence that Lisi supplied the drugs. Speculation and hearsay don't cut it.

The ombud report is a fun read. I'm really enjoying the bromance subplot between Mike Toolaram and the mayor. If anyone makes a movie about this, it should either be about the special bond between these 2 big men, or focus more on Doug and be called "Councillor Z."

The ombud report is a fun read. I'm really enjoying the bromance subplot between Mike Toolaram and the mayor. If anyone makes a movie about this, it should either be about the special bond between these 2 big men, or focus more on Doug and be called "Councillor Z."

The latter will probably feature hordes of FN "extras" scaling the walls of Sears parking lot for free burgers and booze.

AoD

I admittedly haven't been following all that closely, but I'm not sure there's been any admissible evidence that Lisi supplied the drugs. Speculation and hearsay don't cut it.
That's what I'm thinking, as well. They were following him around by car, plane, GPS, and there's no solid evidence to charge Lisi?? There were times when I was watching the detectives on the stand being questioned by the defense and thinking to myself "is this amateur hour?" One detective had made notes while he was on the case and he didn't even bother bringing them to court. Another detective said the camera on the pole filming Lisi's driveway wasn't on 24 hours a day and there were even times when he failed to notify other detectives when Lisi was seen leaving his house. Unbelievable.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
"As the City's Chief Executive and Chief Magistrate, I had a job to do" Rob Ford's statement about the ombudsman's investigation #TOpoli
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 19s19 seconds ago
"Members of the media were acting in an outright disrespectful & dangerous manner, threatening the safety of myself, my staff ..." Rob Ford

Big words, so not from Rob.

Well, I am sure getting drunk and smoking crack is part of his job as chief executive and magistrate. As to endangerment, who knocked another councillor down again?

On the matter of disrepect - you can't disrepect someone who has disrespected themself.

AoD

Last edited:
Siobhan Morris ‏@siomo 39s40 seconds ago
Ford takes issue w Tory newsers in protocol lounge "in blatant contravention" of fire code. Max # of people in there I've seen is 20

The fire code? Grasping at straws I see!

The fire code? Grasping at straws I see!

Someone seem to have a keen interest in the most minute of rules when it suits them and conveniently misses the big picture. Can't beat how he whined about his grand post-rehab press meet as a personal private event with selected guests. Seriously just FOAD already.

AoD

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m2 minutes ago
Ford: "I wished to speak to a select few people." This may be the longest written statement I've ever seen from his office.

So Rob had nothing to do with it. This is all Dan Jacobs and/or weenie Graeme.

Ian MacIntyre ‏@MrIanMacIntyre 2m2 minutes ago
@jpags Guessing it's because he knows he can't address the media today without getting asked about drunk driving. So he'll hide.

Damage control at its finest.

Damage control at its finest.

Drunk driving? That's the least of his worries compared to completely perverting the entire apparatus of City Hall Security. Fire each and every one of them, especially those at the top turning a blind eye to this BS in the name of "volatile situation".

AoD

Last edited:

Cop's testimony and marked bills used in the transaction with Lisi is not speculation.

Drunk driving? That's the least of his worries compared to completely perverting the entire apparatus of City Hall Security. Fire each and every one of them, especially those at the top turning a blind eye to this BS in the name of "volatile situation".

AoD

Agreed.

Last edited:
Cop's testimony and marked bills used in the transaction with Lisi is not speculation.

The buy money proves nothing. Because it was given to the co-accused, not to Lisi.

And the cop had no admissible evidence against Lisi. He talked about conversations with the dry cleaner. That's not admissible against Lisi.

AoD

Yes, it is so much more than drunk driving. Rob's minions know how bad this looks and are frantically trying to spin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back