What have they changed?
that pic appears to be from the Jays Shop and seems to be showing scaffolding put up in the westjet flight deck, likely supporting the new scoreboard they are installing above but none of that is visible so hard to see what they are doing or what the progress is

Am I the only one who remembers the gym in the Skydome? I am definitely not imagining this because I used to go there regularly. It was one of the only gyms in the area that had squash courts.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was a Goodlife. One day I went in, and the receptionist told me they were closing for a week for renovations, and they just never reopened. I believe this was around 2010?

I ask because it was a massive space and I can't believe it's just been sitting empty all this time.

Am I the only one who remembers the gym in the Skydome? I am definitely not imagining this because I used to go there regularly. It was one of the only gyms in the area that had squash courts.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it was a Goodlife. One day I went in, and the receptionist told me they were closing for a week for renovations, and they just never reopened. I believe this was around 2010?

I ask because it was a massive space and I can't believe it's just been sitting empty all this time.
I actually do remember that! It was Premier Fitness though. The entire company went under.

I actually do remember that! It was Premier Fitness though. The entire company went under.
Ah right. But that space must still be there... it was a fairly decent gym. I wonder what it's being used for, or if it is just sitting abandoned for the last decade.

new scoreboard being installed. already much bigger.

DD1C87A5-6324-44C1-9B9E-408975FF6599.jpeg

What a missed opportunity for a rebuild if a full lockout ends up happening this year.

2 years of a pandemic and a year of lockout would’ve been a great time to tear down and rebuild on the spot.

"We have been approved for a significant renovation of Rogers Centre," says Blue Jays president Mark Shapiro. Budgeting, planning, & design currently ongoing. Work is expected to begin next off-season with a target completion date of 2024. Plans expected to be unveiled by May.

Majority of renovation will focus on Rogers Centre’s lower bowl and concourses; won’t be much done to exterior of building. Modernizing player facilities and fan experience are biggest priorities, per Shapiro.

edit: so short-to-medium term solution whilst they look at a new stadium

Last edited:

Back