If we do end up demoing SkyDome it would be a great place for a big downtown park. Maybe the city can use their piggybank to buy it. Put a new stadium where BB airport is.

If we do end up demoing SkyDome it would be a great place for a big downtown park. Maybe the city can use their piggybank to buy it. Put a new stadium where BB airport is.
There's literally a big park across the street, That whole area with the CN tower would seem like a stale empty field if all that land became parkland,

rather we kept the stadium and if not, some other big building or (buildings) would be built

I know it sounds like a speculation but does it mean we could see a render soon or is he just missing the games at Rogers centre
Screenshot_20210315-155555_Instagram.jpg

You would also need a pedestrian link for people to still walk across
...im going to say they use the same space of the SkyDome to build a new stadium, Rogers will also find a way to squeeze a couple towers into the development
meanwhile the Jays will have to plan and play at a temporary facility while under construction

I understand why Rogers put whatever plans they might have had on hold, (and it might not have even been possible yet) but now would have been the ideal time to start such a project. The Blue Jays will have spent the past two seasons playing their games out of Toronto.

I personally would probably be OK with the idea of a roofless stadium, but I heard Mark Shapiro in an interview on Sportsnet a couple months ago and he sounded pretty adamant that he felt a new stadium would have to include a retractable roof. Maybe they end up changing their minds, but it certainly sounded like they're planning on having a roof.

I personally would probably be OK with the idea of a roofless stadium, but I heard Mark Shapiro in an interview on Sportsnet a couple months ago and he sounded pretty adamant that he felt a new stadium would have to include a retractable roof. Maybe they end up changing their minds, but it certainly sounded like they're planning on having a roof.
Same opinion here- I'll attend either way. When the time comes- the fact that the team is playing two season in other parks certainly indicates it can be done again.

I'm not thoroughly convinced that Toronto needs a domed park if we're talking about a baseball specific facility. The only months that the weather would be dodgy would be April and Oct- and only the latter if the team gets into the post-season. The weather here is no worse than any other large Great Lakes city and perhaps might even be better than some- as is the case with Buffalo. Detroit, Chicago (with two open air parks) and Cleveland all get by fine without a roof. Minneapolis which has the coldest weather of all big league cities also has an open air facility. There is also some discussion in the league for a shortening of the season, which might push the start of the season a bit later- albeit just a matter of a week or two. Is it really necessary to have the added expense of a dome for only a few iffy weeks in April and the odd time in October..?
I think you overestimate how much people in this city like baseball. I just don't see it a roofless stadium ever happening after the history with exhibition stadium.

Turn Rogers center into a 40,000 seat ballpark with a roof.
Home plate should face the lake, not Bloor st. 100 level seats are moveable, rotate them 180 degrees. Home plate will then face sse like Comerica park
-Turn the hotel into press boxes and skyboxes.
-Remove as much of south wall as possible including 500 and 200 level stands. Build sliding glass panel walls. Let’s see the lake and feel the wind.
-Install real grass

Home plate should face the lake, not Bloor st. 100 level seats are moveable, rotate them 180 degrees. Home plate will then face sse like Comerica park
-Remove as much of south wall as possible including 500 and 200 level stands. Build sliding glass panel walls. Let’s see the lake and feel the wind.
-Install real grass
you made the exact same comment on page 87

-Install real grass
The hotel should be turned into the Canadian Baseball/Toronto Blue Jays Hall of Fame

-Install real grass

For the second time, this isn't possible.

From a new interview with Mark Shapiro on the Athletic - nothing really new

The fan reaction to the photos of the complex has been great, too. But the comment I saw was, “OK, now do the Rogers Centre.” Understanding a lot of other issues have taken priority over that project this past year, I at least wondered if checking the PDC off your to-do list allows Rogers Centre to move into the front-view window?

I would say that the lack of attention to Rogers Centre is not because it’s not a priority. It still remains one of the biggest opportunities for us as an organization and as a franchise moving forward. At some point in the next five to 10 years, it becomes not just an opportunity, it becomes a challenge that we have to tackle because of the age of the facility and of the building. What happened was there was a much larger-scale project that was being led by not just the Blue Jays, but more by Rogers and ownership. Understandably, the pandemic completely not just interrupted, but kind of stopped progress on that.

I would assume that once we get to a more regular and normal world and resumption of a more normal business climate, that some attention will be placed back on that. Because of the nature of that, though, I haven’t been able to focus on that. We still are focusing (on other upgrades). My call prior to this was a significant renovation of the batting cages and the service space. We have a new sound system that no one’s heard yet. We’re moving forward with plans for a new scoreboard. We’re going to continue to do what we have to do to the building to continue to both maintain it and modernize it incrementally. But some larger-scale attention is going to have to be paid to the building sometime in the next five to 10 years, for sure.

Back