News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Am I missing something, but what would a clothing chain want with a bank building? If feels like Victoria Secret buying out Midas...

...I mean, unless they want to put some retail presence at this location? Awful expensive acquisition just to throw up store though.
It's the owner of Zara, nor Zara itself. ie like the Westons buying it, not Loblaws.

he is diversifying his investment portfolio by buying up lots of commerical real estate lately

just like how Bill Gates owns a lot of his wealth in stocks of -->Waste Management Inc. Caterpillar Inc. Canadian National Railway Co. Walmart Inc.
Okays...

It's the owner of Zara, nor Zara itself. ie like the Westons buying it, not Loblaws.
...I think I get it now.

Dynamics of ownership especially among those with money to burn is certainly not my field of expertise, so thanks for explaining all that you two! /bows

he got a good deal $1,200,000,000 / 977,960 sq ft = $1227sqft ,cheaper then pre construction condos hahahaha...
The glass for the body of the building was manufactured by Canadian Pittsburgh Industries and was coloured using 2,500 oz (71,000 g) of gold, valued at CA$70 per pane at the time of installation. that's like 5.67 million Canadian dollars worth of gold on the building

I remember seeing plans to build a tall thin Condo building on the land between Royal Bank Plaza & the Royal York Hotel back in 2010 , but it went nowhere , maybe with new owners things will change, but not sure where exactly the property lines are between Royal Bank Plaza & the Royal York Hotel

View attachment 374640
Unless it's different than the one I worked on, the plan was to demo or significantly alter the 1957-1969 east wing and build the tower on top or in place of it.

Unless it's different than the one I worked on, the plan was to demo or significantly alter the 1957-1969 east wing and build the tower on top or in place of it.
no this plan was different , the building would be half on top of the roof of the Royal York hotel valet parking entrance and half on the Royal Bank Plaza patio area/ stairs and it was gonna be connected under ground to the path
Screenshot_20220114-162653.jpg

Back