8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Or, as Spacing would say,

TTC_Runnymede_-_Digital_Rendering.PNG

Last edited:
I finally ate their for lunch the other day. Looks great, but it seems the ceilings are lower than other food courts. It's one level below PATH, is the ceiling height lower too? Also, the tables seemed really close together, and there seemed to be a dearth of tables for the number of stalls.

The ceiling height feels the same as it did before the renovation, but it's a far more open and spacious space than it used to be. Still, it does get overcrowded at lunch.

And it's not like I get "high-ceiling" feelings in other food courts, either. Though maybe it's less of a high-ceiling sensation entering the place, perhaps a vestige of RBP's earlier corkscrew concourse layout...

Can't immediately find a better place to put this news than this 13-year-old thread, if this should be elsewhere or in a new thread please let me know.

Oxford is apparently set to sell the complex to Pontegadea, the family investment firm of Zara founder Amancio Ortega, per the Globe which claims confirmation from three sources.

Wouldn't be shocked if that means some of the retail space (like Brooks Brothers, which is still open there but only recently went through a bankruptcy sale) is eventually repurposed by Zara.

what an odd purchaser. Maybe they’ll rip out those stupid office floors and restore the atrium?
There are long overdue renovations underway at the RBC branch. Much of the space is covered, including the ceiling, in heavy white plastic, but parts of the branch are accessible. It wasn't clear to me if they intend to continue to use the same footprint they had before.

There are long overdue renovations underway at the RBC branch. Much of the space is covered, including the ceiling, in heavy white plastic, but parts of the branch are accessible. It wasn't clear to me if they intend to continue to use the same footprint they had before.

I think the work you are referencing is likely covered by this permit:

1642094375664.png

There is another one for alteration to ground-floor offices.

As well as:

1642094421977.png

and this:

1642094456543.png

Zara's owner to buy Toronto's Royal Bank Plaza for $1.2B​

Can't immediately find a better place to put this news than this 13-year-old thread, if this should be elsewhere or in a new thread please let me know.

Oxford is apparently set to sell the complex to Pontegadea, the family investment firm of Zara founder Amancio Ortega, per the Globe which claims confirmation from three sources.

Wouldn't be shocked if that means some of the retail space (like Brooks Brothers, which is still open there but only recently went through a bankruptcy sale) is eventually repurposed by Zara.
If this is the case about Brooks Brothers, the staff seem to be singing a different tune. Since the Cdn ops were bought out, they seem to be investing in the brand. But retail goes in ways I am lost on.

he got a good deal $1,200,000,000 / 977,960 sq ft = $1227sqft ,cheaper then pre construction condos hahahaha...
The glass for the body of the building was manufactured by Canadian Pittsburgh Industries and was coloured using 2,500 oz (71,000 g) of gold, valued at CA$70 per pane at the time of installation. that's like 5.67 million Canadian dollars worth of gold on the building

I remember seeing plans to build a tall thin Condo building on the land between Royal Bank Plaza & the Royal York Hotel back in 2010 , but it went nowhere , maybe with new owners things will change, but not sure where exactly the property lines are between Royal Bank Plaza & the Royal York Hotel
20220113_170333.png

20220113_170255.png

Last edited:
If this is the case about Brooks Brothers, the staff seem to be singing a different tune. Since the Cdn ops were bought out, they seem to be investing in the brand. But retail goes in ways I am lost on.
Good to hear they're investing in the brand. I didn't have high hopes after hearing they'd lost the family connection (and it's a bit above my usual price range regardless).

edit: I was misinformed, double-checked and it turns out the family sold their interests well before the bankruptcy.

Am I missing something, but what would a clothing chain want with a bank building? If feels like Victoria Secret buying out Midas...

...I mean, unless they want to put some retail presence at this location? Awful expensive acquisition just to throw up store though.

Am I missing something, but what would a clothing chain want with a bank building? If feels like Victoria Secret buying out Midas...

...I mean, unless they want to put some retail presence at this location? Awful expensive acquisition just to throw up store though.
he is diversifying his investment portfolio by buying up lots of commerical real estate lately

just like how Bill Gates owns a lot of his wealth in stocks of -->Waste Management Inc. Caterpillar Inc. Canadian National Railway Co. Walmart Inc.

Back