News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The presence of Saks here may 'up the game' a little for 1 Bloor, and for retail south along Yonge in general. It will be a serious retail anchor.

The stretch of Bloor from Sherbourne to Spadina will be greatly "Miracle Miled" kin he next decade or so. I can see very tall buildings and huigh class shops straight across. Does anyone know if they will develop that parking lot at Church?

Bloor Street is built out including a dozen condominium corporations. There are redevelopment opportunities but, I don't c see anywhere near the change I believe you are suggesting.

The article says their 'brand-wide revamp' will cost $1.25b. The article really has nothing to do with the Yonge/Bloor project.

That's just how I read it. Half the article relates to the YB location, most of the rest with what we can expect with the Saks brand, including YB.

The design of the new Saks must include windows overlooking the street. It would radically transform this section of Bloor and accelerate the development of new projects (those already planned and additional ones).

Breaking: Cadillac Fairview buys the Hudson's Bay at Queen/Yonge - Saks going there instead to share the space with HBC.

Huge shame.

Two department stores in one.....that's so messy. Ruining the Saks brand in my opinion. I love Hudson's but putting a Saks store in Hudson's is like putting Saks inside of a JCPenney

Last edited:
So Cadillac Fairview will own both the HBC building and the Eaton Centre. Perhaps we'll see better integration between the two.

Anyone know the total square footage of the Yonge & Queen building?

True .. having 2 in Toronto makes no sense ...

I agree this is bad news all around ... but honestly does make sense ... if you've visted the Bay store, you'll notice the lower floors are actually quiet busy but once you get higher there's generally hardly anyone there.

But I don't see how it will work, stick Saks on the top ? hmm

Back