News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hello...

might have been asked before but...anyone have any pictures of the Glen Egle's back when it was newor around the time it burnt down i remember seeing something years back about the ball room ithink.... i move to dean park at the robin apt a few years before it burnt down alway had a thing for it wanted to know all about it

Hi Scooter & Johnnie

I also thought Caper Valley was owned by Repac Ltd. They offered commercial asphalt & concrete paving services. I guess they were a competitive company, winning a number of government contracts (through the bidding system). As I recall, the portable air compressors used in snow-making, had the distinctive Repac logo on them. Please find attached a picture of one of their sidewalk date-stamps.

Note: It’s funny how something to prolific as Caper Valley could just vanish from history. I bet a lot of people got their first taste of alpine skiing there. It was a good size hill for learning (& maintaining) your skills. It had a comfortable T-bar lift on the north side, plus a couple of rope-tows. The main hill was split into two distinctive sections. One section was mechanically groomed for beginners, and the other was left (for the most part) au-naturale with lots of moguls. There was even an area on the south slope for practicing the developing sport of Aerial skiing. It was fun watching athletes floating & flipping in the air.

Like Scooter, I also skied there as a youngster. If Scooter (or anyone else) can provide information and/or pictures of Caper Valley when it was in operation; that would be nice.

View attachment 133472
AF50CE9B-F69E-4ACF-8DA3-15C08030510D.jpeg

I learned how to ski in the winter of 1976-1977
Anyone with memories write to me David
PatrioticsUSA@aol.com

Back