News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

^Exactly what I was going to say. At least the red flower pots actually blend into ScotiaPlaza's existing red granite, the proposal on the other hand is just lazy run-of-the-mill stuff. Stuff that wouldnt even act as adequate bollard style protection.

E76F2923-1E14-4B8C-BA1A-D21BC0B26F10.jpeg

Wow so they're actually going through with this? At least paint the concrete blocks in some red granite colour for the love of god.

Not quite renovation related, but this was an interesting thing that was done on the roof. Interesting to note the ad description lists Scotia Plaza having the 'highest flat roof in Canada'.

Seems like a good opportunity to show some appreciation for Scotia Plaza, still one of my favourite modern skyscrapers in Toronto. Makes you wonder if we'll ever see a stone-clad skyscraper ever again. My guess is no, sadly, as they are probably relics of a bygone era.

What's he doing? (I mean other than walking on the edge of the roof) is he base-jumping? Repelling?

As long as I have the right equipment and know-how, that wouldn't bother me....... I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane at 10,000ft; but I did wear a parachute, LOL
*Not to say I wouldn't have some nerves, that's just healthy, but manageable*

That said, I probably wouldn't do that........lack of interest mostly...........but also lots of things to bump into in tight urban spaces, unless you're repelling, that's fine then........

Though I don't know that I'm in shape to repel 70s at this point, I might need coffee and pizza delivered 1/2 way down.

Edit to add: I have some sympathy for the security team who will be asked how this happened.....

Wow, what a self absorbed child! Hope that idiot was found and arrested. If people want to put their own lives at risk go blow your own brains out but this is private property and there are people at street level. We should be able to walk around without some moron (or object) landing on us.

Last edited:

Back