8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

DavidCapizzano

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure what this is; tried searching the map and through the UT threads and couldn’t find anything. Google didn’t bring up anything either and there is no info around the construction site.

Anyways, a crane is up at the south west corner of Dufferin and Roselawn. Looks pretty low so I’m guessing townhomes, but I’d anyone has any info feel free to add.

There better be improved access to the Beltline Trail here while the townhomes are being built.

I believe it's for an Audi auto service centre:

2462 DUFFERIN ST
Ward 08 - North York District

To construct a two-storey automotive service centre (Audi). Alternate address 1105 Roselawn Ave.
Proposed Use Non-Residential​
# of Storeys 2​
# of Units 0​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
16 271941 NNY 15 SA​
Dec 30, 2016​
NOAC Issued Aug 13, 2019​

I believe it's for an Audi auto service centre:

2462 DUFFERIN ST
Ward 08 - North York District

To construct a two-storey automotive service centre (Audi). Alternate address 1105 Roselawn Ave.
Proposed Use Non-Residential​
# of Storeys 2​
# of Units 0​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Site Plan Approval​
16 271941 NNY 15 SA​
Dec 30, 2016​
NOAC Issued Aug 13, 2019​

How unsurprising, especially given that Dufferin between Eglinton and Wilson has many dealerships

That's a bummer, but not super surprising.

I live in the area and there are dozens of sites that could handle low to mid rise density easily, but it seems like a bit of a development dry zone for now. Hopefully that changes once the crosstown opens.

Midrise intensification for this stretch of Dufferin would be ideal for sure. Although in this case, I imagine it's becoming an Audi facility likely because auto servicing remains profitable for the owner of the land, plus the current zoning for employment land/light industrial (?).

Hopefully the defunct Bean Condos, south of the Beltline overpass gets its act together upon the relaunch and kicks start a development movement. I haven't been up there in a while but I believe the former Rexall further south closer to Eglinton remains empty. That should be a ripe spot for redevelopment too.

Midrise intensification for this stretch of Dufferin would be ideal for sure. Although in this case, I imagine it's becoming an Audi facility likely because auto servicing remains profitable for the owner of the land, plus the current zoning for employment land/light industrial (?).

Hopefully the defunct Bean Condos, south of the Beltline overpass gets its act together upon the relaunch and kicks start a development movement. I haven't been up there in a while but I believe the former Rexall further south closer to Eglinton remains empty. That should be a ripe spot for redevelopment too.
8haus took over the Bean Condos site.

Last edited:

I'm still surprised they used a tower crane to construct a 2 storey Audi service center, but the real (pleasant) surprise of this project is that they maintained all of the existing trees on the site. If only we could've seen this kind of care being taken for other larger projects like The Charles at Church...

Back