News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Not sure I ever tried the Lay's version; I liked the Neal Bros. one and the Compliments Sensations one as well.

Apparently too few of us enjoyed Currried potato chips, since they didn't stick around.

Not sure I ever tried the Lay's version; I liked the Neal Bros. one and the Compliments Sensations one as well.

Apparently too few of us enjoyed Currried potato chips, since they didn't stick around.

I don't understand how - they were fantastic. Much better than most of the gross mainstream flavours that never seem to disappear (sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, ketchup, etc...)

I don't understand how - they were fantastic. Much better than most of the gross mainstream flavours that never seem to disappear (sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, ketchup, etc...)

Ketchup is just dull
Salt and Vinegar I can enjoy when its done well; but I need more variety than one good flavour
Sour Cream and Onion is too 'ranch' like to me; they use lactic acid for the dairy flavour and it just seems off. I used to like the Spring Onion Crisps that Marks and Sparks sold!

Flavours of chips/snacks we don't see that I'd like too.......

Chipotle! (very distinct flavour, not just heat, but smoke and dark flavour from deeply stewed/caramelized tomato

Lemon-Garlic (the taste of a good aioli!)

Soy-Yuzu (east Asian fruit)

Basil-Lime-Chilli

Smoked Paprika-Fennel

Hot Mustard-Dill

Flavours of chips/snacks we don't see that I'd like too.......

Chipotle! (very distinct flavour, not just heat, but smoke and dark flavour from deeply stewed/caramelized tomato

Lemon-Garlic (the taste of a good aioli!)

Soy-Yuzu (east Asian fruit)

Basil-Lime-Chilli

Smoked Paprika-Fennel

Hot Mustard-Dill

Yes to all of the above - not one of them sounds gross. I'm so bored of always seeing the same unimaginative mainstream flavours. People have no taste.

You'd be pleased to know that you can crunch up the uncooked ramen to tiny bits, sprinkle the soup powder into it, mix well (think shake and bake) and eat it like a snack. I am not quite sure how I am still alive after eating that growing up but here I am.

AoD

Hm that actually gives me a bit of anxiety. Chipping a tooth on noodles, or inhaling the powder. Maybe in a serious pinch.

So the kambouka was a bit of a let down for me. All this time I thought it was a kelp drink. Turns out it's like cider.

Ok, as my photo-taking took me up that way today, I decided to stop in at McEwan and see if there was anything there worth feeling poorer over......LOL

I came across a brand of crisps (British Potato Chips) I hadn't seen before; with some flavours I hadn't encountered before................notwithstanding the price ($4.99 for a 150 gram bag)......

I walked out w/2 different flavours.

Dill-Jalapeno and Wild Thyme & Rosemary.

Both were rather interesting. (No I did not eat 2 bags of chips, LOL, I just tried them and put them away......for now)

So, I googled the brand.............I'm totally curious to try Chorizo chips if they let those into the country (there's apparently real chorizo in them)

Here with, a link to the site, and an image:

1612736952606.png

So, I googled the brand.............I'm totally curious to try Chorizo chips if they let those into the country (there's apparently real chorizo in them)
Ok, ok, alright....I was of a mind to give you shit for not grabbing this flavour.
You are excused. ;)

Which one is McEwan? Don Mills, right?

I'd like to try a chorizo chip. I remember when I was a kid and my mom would on the rare occasion come back with some British chips from Marks & Spencers (long left Canada). Speaking of which, anyone know if there's a place to get Scotch Eggs in Toronto? I'd like to introduce some friends to it, explaining that it's probably the only British cuisine of any worth lol.

Now I stumbled on this snack awhile back. Mi Goreng. It's a dry noodle, comes with five sachets of flavourings, and it's dang tasty. But here's the kicker, it costs $0.37 at no frills! Makes me curious about what other foods Indonesia has to offer.

1612754764467.jpeg

I'd like to try a chorizo chip. I remember when I was a kid and my mom would on the rare occasion come back with some British chips from Marks & Spencers (long left Canada). Speaking of which, anyone know if there's a place to get Scotch Eggs in Toronto? I'd like to introduce some friends to it, explaining that it's probably the only British cuisine of any worth lol.

Now I stumbled on this snack awhile back. Mi Goreng. It's a dry noodle, comes with five sachets of flavourings, and it's dang tasty. But here's the kicker, it costs $0.37 at no frills! Makes me curious about what other foods Indonesia has to offer.

View attachment 298922

Yeah, but what's the sodium content on that?? I'm guessing northward of 70%...

Back