News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Here's how the Templar currently appears.

From the street:

TemplarP1170974.jpg

From Gläs:

TemplarP1170960.jpg

As noted above, the opening is coming...

TemplarP1170975.jpg

great pics, 42.

The Templar Hotel is in its final stretch of construction towards their grand opening in a month or two.
According to Templar Developments, a party for the purchasers of Langston Hall Residences (its sister building a few doors away) will be held at the Templar Hotel to show off the finishes and workmanship that will continue to the condo.

Here's a few more details on this enigmatic development:
- 27 guestrooms.
- Amenities include: personal concierge, library/bar/lounge, glass pool, private chef & dining room (with a custom wall-to-wall Corian kitchen by Poliform), luxury airport transportation.
- Plenty of Poliform cabinets and furnishings custom designed by Del Terrelonge of rhed Design, which will eventually be launched into the Canadian retail market.

Photos courtesy of rhed:
5012093361_2f051ed876.jpg
timthumb.php

The bathrooms of the Templar Hotel features Carrera marble and hexagon mosaic tiled walls, flamed granite floors, Philippe Stark Axor plumbing features, and ample frosted glass walls/partitions (just like the bathrooms at Langston Hall, though the condo has a couple more stone and tile options).

5012087615_2a93f89b54.jpg

This is the stairs to the bar/library featuring a wall of Japanese ledge rock and the hole in the ceiling will be a transluscent frosted glass pool of the floor above.

5012085687_a8669529b0.jpg

What you’re seeing is purportedly the largest delivery ever of Poliform in Canada (this is only a portion of the boxes).

Last edited:
If I was a Langston Hall Residences purchaser, I would be very very worried in light of the time this project has taken to get to completion, and the quality of materials and workmanship that is apparent on the exterior.

I bought a unit at Langston Hall, and I am aware on how long the construction has taken at Templar Hotel. There is a ton of customized finishes and unique features, which could explain for the slow construction -- also being a hotel, there is more more work involved (interiors, furnishings, various permits, construction financing, etc.) than a residential building.
I am not in no real rush or schedule to move in. Del Terrelonge is very proud of both projects and seems like he would rather take the time and build it right.
There may be a few panels or pieces of trim on the cladding which needs to be redone, but generally speaking the building is coming together nicely -- better than some other buildings in the city.

I am hoping it will be well worth the wait and investment. I love the design and finishes (as displayed in the Langston Hall sales office), and there is no other new luxury condos in the King West area with fewer than 30 units with this kind of finishes for less than $800/sq.ft (or less than $800,000). I am sure the developer and contractor have learned a lot from the Templar to will build Langston Hall in a faster, more efficient manner, and from what was posted earlier by an insider, hiring better trades. Langston Hall Residences is still a small building with a maximum of 3 units per floor, so it should move relatively quickly.

I hope I am correct.

Last edited:
So, this site is still in limbo?

Opening Fall 2010 and it's Feb 2011 with no movement.

I wonder if the developer literally meant he's financing it himself by using cash flow from his design business.

So, this site is still in limbo?

Opening Fall 2010 and it's Feb 2011 with no movement.

I wonder if the developer literally meant he's financing it himself by using cash flow from his design business.

At least remove the signage. LOL

So this place is going to actually one day, down the road, possibly and maybe open for business eventually?

Ritz will probably open first.

OMG, shocking but on 1 March 2011 I spied a gorgeous blonde working near the top of this building--site office? Liquor license application on the front as well, but that entrance sure doesn't look welcoming.... :p

254rw.jpg

Zero action on neighbouring Langston Hall site btw.

I drive by this just about every day.....it always gives me the impression that it is the downtown/hotel equivalent of a guy building his own cottage up north.....whenever he and his buddies can get a few days off work at the same time they head up there and do a bit of work.....but for long stretches nothing seems to happen!

That vertical strip made of siding looks so shoddy. It should be brick or something. Or at the very least, some better quality siding.

Seems like it is moving almost at the same pace as this building:
800px-Sagrada_Familia_01.jpg

Construction date: 1882
Anticipated completion date: 2026

The liquor license is a good sign, but good lord, the workers really need to get a move-on (the progress on the guest rooms hasn't budged in more than 3 months).
They were supposed to have a soft opening during the Toronto Design Week and IDS11 (end of January) -- I don't know why they never seem to keep a deadline? The website is not even up yet.

Makes me think this is all one big performance art.

Back