DSC08745.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 2,281
  • DSC08746.jpg
    DSC08746.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 3,594
  • DSC08747.jpg
    DSC08747.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 3,480
The playground is open! Kids seem to really dig it, especially the spinner/roundabout. I wish I was a kid and could give the asparagus climber a go. The park is still pretty dark at night though with minimal lighting actually turned on.

Phase 2 is now out to tender:

ender
ecblank.gif
Call number:112-2019
Commodity:Construction Services, Construction Services
Description:St. James Park Improvements.
For the supply of all equipment, labour, supervision and materials for the general construction of St. James Park Improvements..

Questions about this Tender should be directed in writing to Justin Diptee at Justin.diptee@toronto.ca

For more information, please refer to Section 2 – Information for Bidders, Subsection - 3 Deadline for Questions. The last day for questions with respect to this tender is four (4) working days prior to closing.
Issue date:March 25, 2019
ecblank.gif
Closing date:April 23, 2019
at 12:00 Noon
Notes:Attachment
pdf.gif
112-2019 - NOIP.pdf (85 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/25/2019 10:39:33 AM
pdf.gif
112-2019 Viewing Copy Only.pdf (1185 Kbytes) - Posted on 03/25/2019 10:41:45 AM

Looking forward to it! The playground has been an amazing addition to the neighbourhood. I wish they had better lighting for the playground at night though. Are they going to fix/adjust the existing water fountain at least? The "dribble" that comes out is fairly underwhelming.

Looking forward to it! The playground has been an amazing addition to the neighbourhood. I wish they had better lighting for the playground at night though. Are they going to fix/adjust the existing water fountain at least? The "dribble" that comes out is fairly underwhelming.
I think that the fountain in the Victorian Garden will not change - it is only supposed to be a dribble (apparently what Victorians would have had - so very Victorian!) If you want rushing water go to Berczy. (The Victorian Garden will be left virtually untouched during the Phase 2 work but will be expanded eastward into the triangle of paved area towards Jarvis.

The structure for the pavilion is largely up and it’s looking extremely mediocre. (Sorry, no pictures.) all the wood is pleasant, but spatially it’s very awkward.

This would’ve been a perfect project to go to a competition. It’s highly visible, in a crucial location, and could’ve been a landmark. It could’ve been a career-defining work for a small firm.

Instead, RAW Design, and it’s meh.

The structure for the pavilion is largely up and it’s looking extremely mediocre. (Sorry, no pictures.) all the wood is pleasant, but spatially it’s very awkward.

This would’ve been a perfect project to go to a competition. It’s highly visible, in a crucial location, and could’ve been a landmark. It could’ve been a career-defining work for a small firm.

Instead, RAW Design, and it’s meh.

@DSC posted some pics as part of the broader St. Lawrence discussion.

AoD

Back