News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Thanks for posting this! As a resident of one of the nearby towers on Sherbourne I see this as a good step forward. Especially positive is the opening up of Ontario Street to vehicles as it is lined with retail and has the potential of becoming the true Main Street for this area. As far as further steps on the road to reintegrating this neighbourhood with the surrounding area I would like to see more initiatives with the city's Tower Renewal office on bringing small-scale retail to the bases of more of the buildings that line St. James Street.

This neighbourhood is in for a big socio-economic and demographic ship.

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/toronto-wellesley-parliament-square-m-51s-greatwise-ibi-group.28465/
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/st-jamestown-redevelopment.27538/

With hundreds of higher income condo residents moving in, the bazaar-like atmosphere and community feel will be impacted. On Sundays when I walk home from St. Simon's I go through this neighbourhood, and I'm impressed by the amount of people hanging about, enjoying the day.

From the above: A quick description of and look at one of the Parks I have ripped into over in the Problematic design thread. 'gravel-covered area' LOL.... just about sums it up.

1659892144517.png

And look at the The Star's photo of the park......... see how busy it is? LOL

1659892252698.png

Credit: Toronto Star/Jamie Bradburn

A few pix of the streetscape on Wellesley East. I know people hate how the condo looks on the southwest corner but it is better than the gas station that was there before! Lol

This area has changed so much from when I lived at 545 Sherbourne so long ago.

IMG_0666.jpeg
IMG_0669.jpeg
IMG_0671.jpeg
IMG_0672.jpeg

A few pix of the streetscape on Wellesley East. I know people hate how the condo looks on the southwest corner but it is better than the gas station that was there before! Lol

This area has changed so much from when I lived at 545 Sherbourne so long ago.

View attachment 558118View attachment 558119View attachment 558120View attachment 558121

For clarity; only the last picture is of Wellesley. The first two are of Sherbourne, and third of Lourdes Street, looking west.

Last edited:

Back