Did anyone receive instructions for their moving day? There's only a couple more weeks until my occupancy and there hasn't been any communication since my PDI..

Did anyone receive instructions for their moving day? There's only a couple more weeks until my occupancy and there hasn't been any communication since my PDI..
Yes, going through it right now. They provide you with the interim occupancy closing documents 1 week in advance and require you to obtain a mortgage commitment letter (full approval of a mortgage from a lender) or proof of cash on hand to close your unit upon final closing. It's a real hassle because there is no closing date. They won't provide you occupancy/keys without proof that you can close...which is odd for interim occupancy.

Reactions: 808
Yes, going through it right now. They provide you with the interim occupancy closing documents 1 week in advance and require you to obtain a mortgage commitment letter (full approval of a mortgage from a lender) or proof of cash on hand to close your unit upon final closing. It's a real hassle because there is no closing date. They won't provide you occupancy/keys without proof that you can close...which is odd for interim occupancy.
Thanks a lot for the heads up. That is indeed strange.. I guess I'll have to go and look into mortgages now. My experience in the past hasn't been so great without a closing date

I'm curious about the current per s.f. costing for the building and area.
Unfortunately due to a marriage break up we will have to sell our 1108 s.f condo.
Does anyone have suggestions about how to get current costing without having to sign on with an agent?
I should mention we wouldn't sell until after the occupancy date and could wait until registration.
Basically I'm trying to find a current value for the area.

Last edited:
Unfortunately due to a marriage break up we will have to sell our 1108 s.f condo.
Does anyone have suggestions about how to get current costing without having to sign on with an agent?
You think you can sell an assignment w/o an agent? All the more to you. Especially with the new rules. You want free advice it seems well here’s a piece of advice. Hire an agent. Market is weaker then ever for assignments. The more exposure the better and that includes within the real estate industry.

You think you can sell an assignment w/o an agent? All the more to you. Especially with the new rules. You want free advice it seems well here’s a piece of advice. Hire an agent. Market is weaker then ever for assignments. The more exposure the better and that includes within the real estate industry.
Fewer agents = more profit. I did buy a few assignments without an agent, but if I was selling I would offer an incentive to buying agent but get rid of selling one. Bunch of assignments oriented facebook groups where tons of agents and no agents looking for deals.

Fewer agents = more profit. I did buy a few assignments without an agent, but if I was selling I would offer an incentive to buying agent but get rid of selling one. Bunch of assignments oriented facebook groups where tons of agents and no agents looking for deals.
Exactly "deals" which means less profit back in your pocket. The agent is suppose to bring you more to show their value and expertise. Anyhow I wouldn't even touch assignment listings now with all the headaches involved including lawyers.

I should mention we wouldn't sell until after the occupancy date and could wait until registration.
Basically I'm trying to find a current value for the area.
Since you're selling after occupancy (I assume to avoid capital gains), the best way to assess value is to sit tight and wait for the first few units to hit the market. You can also make some rough assumptions beforehand based on what has sold in the area. It won't take long to dig this up through the HouseSigma app (free). I'd avoid Relator.ca as they don't share data so it's pretty much useless.

Since you're selling after occupancy (I assume to avoid capital gains), the best way to assess value is to sit tight and wait for the first few units to hit the market. You can also make some rough assumptions beforehand based on what has sold in the area. It won't take long to dig this up through the HouseSigma app (free). I'd avoid Relator.ca as they don't share data so it's pretty much useless.
So he’s waiting till next year when prices are even lower lol and competing with time and space next door… I’m pretty sure he can avoid capital gains based on the divorce..

So he’s waiting till next year when prices are even lower lol and competing with time and space next door… I’m pretty sure he can avoid capital gains based on the divorce..
Time & Space isn't going to be competition, lol.

Completed PDI this week (13th floor) -- unit was nice however there is no consideration for electrical placement or finishings. The unit is nice and bright but the bathroom sadly looked like a 20 yr old rental property with horrible mirror/lighting etc. building itself is nice and unit will be nice after I spend $$$ on electrician to fix the mess/placement of things.
Everything I raised on the PDI ...had the same response -- they won't fix that, they won't fix this...etc. My stovetop is crooked but they won't fix it? Rant over but I'll push for getting as much fixed as possible. It will be nice in the end but boy they didn't think about appearance at all (who has 4 phone jacks in a 2022 condo)?

Completed PDI this week (13th floor) -- unit was nice however there is no consideration for electrical placement or finishings. The unit is nice and bright but the bathroom sadly looked like a 20 yr old rental property with horrible mirror/lighting etc. building itself is nice and unit will be nice after I spend $$$ on electrician to fix the mess/placement of things.
Everything I raised on the PDI ...had the same response -- they won't fix that, they won't fix this...etc. My stovetop is crooked but they won't fix it? Rant over but I'll push for getting as much fixed as possible. It will be nice in the end but boy they didn't think about appearance at all (who has 4 phone jacks in a 2022 condo)?
Oh wow! That’s disappointing! Do you have any photos you can share?

My occupancy date is in august and haven’t heard anything about PDI yet. When is your occupancy?

Back