News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

King St is getting some new trees planted this morning just east of Sherbourne. They look to be about 10-12 feet tall.
Nice, north or south side? I will walk by later and take a look. July seems a strange time to plant trees, I hope they have an aggressive watering schedule planned to keep them alive through the summer.

Nice, north or south side? I will walk by later and take a look. July seems a strange time to plant trees, I hope they have an aggressive watering schedule planned to keep them alive through the summer.
Several locations are getting replacement street trees - they were planting several on Lower Sherbourne yesterday and have made the utility locates on George too. They should be keeping them well watered and, I think, the contract with the City makes the contractor responsible for a year.

Several locations are getting replacement street trees - they were planting several on Lower Sherbourne yesterday and have made the utility locates on George too. They should be keeping them well watered and, I think, the contract with the City makes the contractor responsible for a year.

The warranty for the trees is 2 years in City contracts.

The work on Wellington is (finally) moving a bit faster and they are now working on the new and much wider sidewalk at the 'bull-nose' of the Flat Iron and have started to tear up the (very old) TTC tracks working west from Church. They have also put up several short Victorian light poles & fixtures on Front @ the Flat Iron and going west along north side of Wellington. The new TTC overhead poles are also sitting on Front, it will use only one pole. They should be issuing a new work schedule today or Monday, that ought to give the dates for the closure of the whole Front/Church/Wellington intersection but ....

Some more progress on Wellington

CB525100-2980-4BBA-82B7-A8E33BD6151D.jpeg

And on Front St

E9635AD7-377A-4EE7-8B44-3EDF4EBA0383.jpeg

There are dead trees on Market Street and Church just south of King, as well as dead and dying trees in Berczy Park. Are those getting replaced too?

There are dead trees on Market Street and Church just south of King, as well as dead and dying trees in Berczy Park. Are those getting replaced too?

Photos! Some may be unavoidable happenstance.........

But some may be preventable..........show me the trees and the area around them......

So that when you email the City you can tell them 'don't do this again'.

We were down at the waterfront promenade on the weekend, and a lot of the trees there are in really bad shape. I think, based on some discussions we’ve had here, that the city is aware of this issue, but things have really declined recently.

Looks like New York City with the steam vents. The bent bollard was from the last week. The steam vent is from today. Scott and Wellington St. E edit (not west) I contacted Enwave with the correct info.
6DF1DED6-778C-4B91-B716-827800B12E1F.jpeg

Last edited:
The Irish Embassy @ Yonge & Wellington appears to have closed. Sign on door refers folk to PJ O'Brien's around the corner, which they also own.

I had a feeling that might happen when it didn't reopen last fall or this spring. That place was pretty bad anyways.

Back