Is there any news on timing for this wing now that work on the patient care tower is almost done?

Is there any news on timing for this wing now that work on the patient care tower is almost done?
If there were I think you can expect to find it here!

St Mikes has had a dreadful time with the current project (which is still not finished) due to the Bondfield mess. I think most (if not all) of the cost of the "Phase 2" is coming from donors (who are probably still needed for Phase 1) so I suspect they are not yet trying to woo them for Phase 2.

Drill rig at the edge of the Shuter Wing, which is next to come down.
B2A3ECA6-810E-400D-ACA6-4DA1FB3AF6FC.jpeg

Drill rig at the edge of the Shuter Wing, which is next to come down.
View attachment 387874

Interesting.

I can't find an applicable permit for 2022 or 2021 even applied for.......could it be further back?

The only 2022 permit for the St. M's is :

1648251622651.png

No shoring required for that!

Edit to add: As a side note, The City does strictly sort/organize permits by year, they are classified that way, but sometimes, you get current permits way down on the list for a site.

That completely offends my sense of organization!

Interior demolition continues. I see bits of it from my apartment, such as removal of the SMH non-medical waste facility.
It certainly is taking them a long time! I do think something might be about to start though. I see they fenced more of the property, and put up one of those temporary washrooms on a trailer just a few days ago.

^ any renderings of what will replace it?
I remember seeing them somewhere, it's not anything exciting, basically just a new 6-storey glass box. The main purpose of it is to provide a new emergency department. It'll have a new underground ambulance loading area so that it no longer has to be done from the view of the public street, or often, physically on Shuter.

Last edited:
On St.Mike's website, the suggestion is that the initial build will be 2s and Emergency Dept only.

1668200619009.png

So we know what version is going ahead?

On St.Mike's website, the suggestion is that the initial build will be 2s and Emergency Dept only.

View attachment 438707

So we know what version is going ahead?
I believe they initially filed for 2 storeys but revised it to 6 afterwards.

The SPA drawings show all the areas above the ground floor as "Shell" space only, so who knows. Perhaps they got SPA approval for the full thing now so that they can add the next 4 floors later easier and just build the first two right now. We'll have to see what the permit says.

Back