4.8K     0 

ottbike

Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
http://www.stage2lrt.ca/

Website_FullMap_1920x1080_EN.jpg

I haven't been following this too closely. Am I correct in assuming, as I look at that map and the link that you provided, that:
  1. the Confederation Line from Lebreton to Blair is under construction?
  2. Lebreton to Bayshore/Baseline and Blair to Place d'Orleans are Phase 2, along with an extention of the Riverside line to Riverside South?
What is the target date for opening of Phase 1? Are they really on track to commence construction of Phase 2 in 2018? What's the status of the airport extension? What's the status/timing of Phase 3 (extension out to Kanata)?

I haven't been following this too closely. Am I correct in assuming, as I look at that map and the link that you provided, that:
  1. the Confederation Line from Lebreton to Blair is under construction?
  2. Lebreton to Bayshore/Baseline and Blair to Place d'Orleans are Phase 2, along with an extention of the Riverside line to Riverside South?
What is the target date for opening of Phase 1? Are they really on track to commence construction of Phase 2 in 2018? What's the status of the airport extension? What's the status/timing of Phase 3 (extension out to Kanata)?

1) The Confederation Line is under construction from Tunney's Pasture Station to Blair Station. Work started in 2013, and it will open in 2018.
2) Phase 2 construction should start right after Phase 1 is completed. Funding has been committed by all levels of government.
3) The airport section is contingent on extra money from the province and/or feds.
4) A timeline for extension out to Barrhaven/Kanata has not been determined.

It is pretty sick that they are considering extending LRT to Trimm Rd. before Kanata. Kanata has shitty transitway linkages impacting ridership. The $$ spent going to Trimm would bring LRT to Kanata and 100,000 clients, second largest employment cluster and significant opportunity for Transit Oriented Development. They are talking about Kanata getting LRT in 30 years.

Back