News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

B

bingoluther

Just found out that starbucks is going into the Six Points Plaza at Dundas and Kipling. Is this Starbucks' first strip plaza location?

The strip plaza at Bathurst and Wilson (50s style, close to street with offices above) has a Starbucks as well. You can see them sometimes in the middle ring burbs, like one on Hurontario and the QEW (which is of the new type with parking behind).

Whither 1 King West's Starbucks?

Did the Starbucks/1 King West location rumoured here months ago ever come true?

sn't there a Starbucks just accross the street from 1King?

Yep. Forum search sucks ass (why?).

V of E (I think) posted a while back that One King was getting a Starbucks. Many doubters here shot the rumour down, mostly for the reason you suggest. I'm just wondering if it came to pass. I don't get down there very often.

"Isn't there a Starbucks just accross the street from 1King?"

As if that would stop them from adding another one...

They usually only build locations across the street from each other if the lineups at the first are really long. Is the existing King and Yonge location that busy? I never go to that one.

My understanding is they expressed interest and then changed their minds. Of course, this is after they closed the previous cafe and put a door that directly opens onto King.

4 King is one of the busiest stores in Eastern Canada, along with 110 Bloor and Pinecrest Chapters in Ottawa.

Starbucks opening in the Jazz building (southeast corner of Church and Shuter). Second retailer here after a cleaner. The rest remains empty.

Starbucks opening in the Jazz building (southeast corner of Church and Shuter). Second retailer here after a cleaner. The rest remains empty.
Haha, I remember walking by that corner before Christmas and thinking to myself: "I bet there's a Starbuck's in that space in a few months."

There's also a Starbuck's opening up near the bus terminal on Dundas St & Centre St.

Re: Crate & Barrel

Jazz has a Starbucks and a laundry. Now its adding a Subway. Hope pawnshop row can hold its own.

Starbucks coming to Cabbagetown?

Not sure where to post this, but my barber tells me that there's a Starbucks planned for Cabbagetown. IMO, this is great news for the area, not so much for the overpriced coffee and the posers who sit there with their laptops, but because it demonstrates the continued gentrification of the downtown east area. With the closure of the drug-deal and drunken hang-out Cabbagetown Restaurant, much to the annoyance of OCAP and with Ginger replacing the Donut Shop at Carleton and Parliament, the area is continuing to improve.

The middle and upper class are taking back the downtown core they abandoned in the post-WW1 period onwards, and it's about time IMO.

Can any of the new Cabbagetowner/ Knights in shining armour explain why the winos and geriatrics at the Cabbagetown Restaurant were a scourge, but the thugs and crack heads hanging out at New Town are okey dokey?

Back