News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

There is a lovely little park located at the south east intersection of Spadina and Wellington streets named "Clarence Square". There is an equally lovely little fountain in the park. Unfortunately the fountain has been hidden behind an ugly makeshift graffiti covered plywood box for the better part of 4 years. I initially I thought that perhaps the fountain was being sheltered from the winter weather. Then Spring, Summer and Fall passed by and the little fountain was still "boxed" Then Covid struck and I figured that the fountain was hidden to accommodate the social distancing mandated by the public health department. Last Spring I got fed up and I sent a letter to Toronto Parks regarding the boxed fountain. Lo and behold the person I spoke to from the parks department took action and the fountain was finally released from its plywood prison. Fast forward a couple of months and the little fountain was imprisoned again, perhaps it broke parole. I haven't been to Clarence Square lately so the situation might have changed again. Regardless, how a city with such little charm and so few good public art pieces manage to strangle the paltry few we have. Take a look below, boxed and unboxed.

UT 1 L9600755.jpg

UT 2 L9600751.jpg

UT 3 L9600752.jpg

UT 5 Clarence Sq.jpg

UT 4 Clarence Sq.jpg

Back