News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Love the shots of Westmount Sq...my mom grew up in that building and I have fond memories of staying there as a kid visiting my grandparents in MTL.

Also nice to see some construction cranes. I haven't been up in a while, but is there much development going on in town?

Toronto is hardly a fair comparison. Its growth is outpacing that of nearly every other city in North America.

There's a lot of stuff going on in Montreal, especially if you compare it to the state of things 10 years ago and especially if you compare it to just about any American city right now. Condo towers, some office projects, and, in particular, a lot of significant public works projects: interchanges being torn down, new metro stations opened, bike lanes being built, public squares being revamped, two megahospitals, etc.

Thanks - I enyoyed it all. More than most, you have focused on the people, and those areas that one knows of in Montréal, but are seldom photographed in this way.

I assume you've used a long lens to get many of those unposed faces, because in several instances, there is no indication from these photographs that the subjects are aware of a camera.

Looking for the rest, and thanks again.

Montreal-A city full of life!

KGT: Good Montreal pics-you show a decent cross section that shows how lively MTL is. I remember back on my 80s travels that Montrealers take full advantage of the nice weather in the summer after particularly harsh winters. It is sometimes hard to believe that MTL is just about 375 miles N of NYC! and to some-literally a world away! LI MIKE

Thanks for those!

Two things popped out at me.

One, I actually recognized someone I know from years back when I went to University in Montreal (good to see the Henry F. Hall building at Concordia looking as ugly as ever).

Two: Mies's apartments in Westmount are still the best looking highrises there.

Nice series of pics, they certainly capture the many textures and cosmo atmosphere of MTL. I was there in Aug and forgot how much the city had to offer. I lived there in the lean 80's and early 90's- things have improved a lot since then. Heading back there again in a couple of weeks- can't wait!

L'été rit dans Montréal

1818813008_4f361a1b5e_o.jpg
1818833798_9f26e81ca8_o.jpg
1818844180_2f3180b21f_o.jpg
1818788646_9a6d875c9b_o.jpg

Back