Cidex has a BP submitted for their Hat 10th Ave project on the other side, so we could see 3 towers going up in the next year or so. My guess is Cidex will move to this one when they finish the two West Village Towers.

I agree, and at least with their Hat 10th proposal they have released renders detailed enough to show how much spandrel will be included. It's a very basic tower but for that area, it's most definitely a win. With this project being just across the street, it's definitely going to lift up that hellscape part of downtown.

The fact their Hat 10th proposal isn’t very tall and it activates the street front from 3 sides is a win already. I don’t mind cidex’s spandrel fetish as long as they keep their towers from destroying our skyline or Streetscape. In fact give them all the space to build their spandrels in the non commercial residental streets of the beltline.

Last edited:
If this and the Hat start construction in the next year or two, I really hope it includes making 14th/10th a full turn intersection. Not having any left turns for both 11th or 10th Ave when going NB on 14th is a big omission. It'll have to be done at some point if they have the intentions of both 10 Ave west of 14th, and 14th Street itself both being "main streets".

Dropping in to report action on this file. Seeing this hubby and I commiserated and said “there goes our parking”. Its all fun and games calling others nimbies until you realize that you’re one yourself. Just to be clear, we both think that it will be good for the community.
6A55E5C8-0D94-4226-B330-7392188880DE.jpeg

Attachments

• 63A518A1-06D8-4A58-A005-2B98C49F3A2E.jpeg
    63A518A1-06D8-4A58-A005-2B98C49F3A2E.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 174
Very nice to see this one go through. Hopefully the adjacent Cidex Hat starts soon too. Would be great to bring that area into the 21st century and de-blight that area a bit.

Dropping in to report action on this file. Seeing this hubby and I commiserated and said “there goes our parking”. Its all fun and games calling others nimbies until you realize that you’re one yourself. Just to be clear, we both think that it will be good for the community.

If anything I'm still blown away by just how much parking is in this development despite being so close to an LRT station. There are 4 levels under ground, and roughly 2 above ground.

For 353 units across two towers, there are 330 residential stalls (302 was the minimum required without relaxations), and 20 commercial stalls.

YES, the developments in this area might be the projects i'm most excited for, so much potential but the area is depressing right now.

Now if someone could do something with that west elevation of the dollarama building. wtf is going on there?

Back