News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

well it's not so much a mid rise, it's a low rise. Looks interesting.

Lowrise is anything three storeys or less. It's the scale of houses and in Toronto specifically, Victorian mixed-use buildings along arterials.

This looks like a great building. We haven't seen that many midrise residential buildings built along suburban arterials so far in this recent building boom, and we definitely need them, but it's not exactly a pioneering venture to do so. Eglinton has seen midrise buildings since the age of Art Deco (back when Eglinton was the suburbs) and there are many such Modernist apartment buildings. I guess what's pioneering, though, is building them with ground floor retail in an effort to build a walkable area. The Art Deco midrise apartment builders probably assumed the residents would take the streetcar elsewhere, or the car in the Modernist era.

absolutely fantastic.

completely agree, midrises along all Toronto avenues please.

i also really love how it's a tiny infill projects. most 'masterplanned' condo communities are giant gated communities.

This is very good work. It is bold, completely contemporary, beautiful. But the mechanical systems will have to be pretty clever at either end of our outside temperature scale for those sexy beautiful all glass apartments to be at all comfortable unless the owners are spending a boatload of money on energy. So, overall, loving it, but I despair a bit too.

This building looks amazing and it is exactly what we need here! It is funny as I was at a meeting regarding the Queensway last night with Peter Milcyn, and I don't recall him mentioning this one.

We are working hard at cleaning up the Queensway and they are trying to form a BIA as we speak. But projects like this and IQ bring feet on the street and money to support the local business and shops. Also, like the Police Superintindent mentioned, guys are less likely to be walking in and out of rub and tugs with lots of street traffic.

Having bright retail below too should help so much!

J

It is the opposite of timeless and it won't look anything like the render...

4bland, what's timeless: stuff that makes you think of olden days? wait a minute - that, uh...

We shouldn't be building to create timeless designs - we should be building to create designs of our time. That's what makes history. 'Timeless' creates no history.

Back