News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

• Thread starter Abeja de Almirante
  • Start date
A

Abeja de Almirante

What's happening at the Tannery Lofts? A drove by a few weeks ago and it looked like construction has stopped. I'm looking forward to the Lofts positive contribution to the neighbourhood, which, along with the redevelopment of Don Mount Court and Regent Park will greatly enhance IMO the area.

BTW, I found a good site on east end condos at www.remaxcondosplus.com/t...Lofts.html

looks like construction has resumed after about 6 months of inactivity

Bump!

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone has bought a place here? I know Development is complete but it seems there a LOT of units for sale on MLS.

What do you guys think of this building/location? I like the location and the exposed beam/brick look of the building, but it's surrounding neighborhood is a bit (read: a lot) shady

Thanks!

opinion

I think the building and its features look decent enough and the layouts are fairly good for smaller units. I just don't see any upside in the neighborhood. There's no park closeby, no possibilities for a shop or two, no restaurants, etc.
I wouldn't pay $400/sq ft for this location.

I know Development is complete but it seems there a LOT of units for sale on MLS.

possibly due to the original developer going bust and Plazacorp steppin' in to complete the thing

I just don't see any upside in the neighborhood.

WTF are you talkin' about? New Volvo and Audi dealerships and extensive renos to the Mercedes dealership. This place is kickin'

I think the building and its features look decent enough and the layouts are fairly good for smaller units. I just don't see any upside in the neighborhood. There's no park closeby, no possibilities for a shop or two, no restaurants, etc.
I wouldn't pay $400/sq ft for this location.

What..Regent PARK isn't good enough for you? :D

You're right...400/sq foot is a little too much for a potentially up and coming neighborhood. IF RP redevelopment works out and the West Don Lands project comes up, then we'll be talking..but its a bit of a gamble, no?

Maybe I'm a suburban pussy, but I would not feel comfortable walking home from a night out through that area...not to mention parking is on the street!

Back