IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

Nah lights on buildings are cool. Can’t any more light pollution to the city, might as well make it cool.

Though I am being reminded that lot of Torontonians are no-fun
Yeah, having more lighting features in the core is a nice thing. The city already emits a great deal of light pollution as is more due to its size than anything else, so I fail to see why having some pretty lights at nighttime could do much damage, other than to birds I guess.
But even then, I don't see migratory birds going right by the CN tower, the claims made on twitter and elsewhere seem dubious.

They will obviously use this tower for branding. That's why they went with the digital screen logos. I can already see it... during Maple Leaf games it'll all light up in blue and white. During Raptor season it'll be red and black. During Pride it'll be a rainbow. I think the defacto colour will obviously be green given it's TD. But they clearly have a plan to have some fun with it. We don't really have many office towers that use lighting. CIBC Square has the elegantly lit diamond corners which is nice. But nothing this bold. NYC has quite a few towers that go all in on the lighting. I personally like it. Adds some cool vibes to the skyline and feel.

Perfect for mocking Aura's lighting.
It reminds me of a beard trimmer now.
I made a joke earlier in the thread somewhere that this building was ”ribbed for our pleasure” but with the top lit up and with the singular lit band in the middle evoking the base of a condom, I can see CF and the architect going all in on this now. 😂
To make up for the crappy architecture in the entertainment district, we now get tacky colour schemes to distract us!

Thanks for all the laughs this morning.

I made a joke earlier in the thread somewhere that this building was ”ribbed for our pleasure” but with the top lit up and with the singular lit band in the middle evoking the base of a condom, I can see CF and the architect going all in on this now. 😂

TD's new slogan " ___________ can be this comfortable"

(background image, TD's big green chair, with new TD branded condoms on the side table)

Back