21 December 2013: Tacky as hell, eh?
5b51.jpg

On the right, the old building shows how a corner should be done (note: only NimbyTect "gets" this design LAW!)
zfgi.jpg

Oh god, it totally ruined my first peameal 'wich experience:
jq6z.jpg

(note: only NimbyTect "gets" this design LAW!)

It's good fun to play around in SketchUp making renderings (keeping in mind that generating renderings =/= architectural design), but seriously, it's tacky to pretend that you are a gifted architectural visionary because you can recognize and appreciate what are common architectural gestures (such as a chamfered / 45 degree angle at a building's corner). Please spare us.

Last edited:
Clearly you don't get NimbyTect humour.;)

As for architectural visionary--I'm learning Revit so stay tuned.:D

It's not humorous, it's grating, and I fear that you may actually believe your own delusions.

Revit is not useful unless you understand the architectural design process, structural systems, OBC, etc. If generating renderings is your game, Revit will disappoint.

If it's your goal, you are going to want to check your ego at the door and learn what architects actually do. Also, "architect" is a term that holds legal weight and refers to a particular set of credentials; I'd recommend that you don't describe yourself as an architect beyond this message board.

For this, that you never designed a building you criticize a lot :mad:

I know what most architects do, I dream of what some architects get to do. I would be happy to only get one building built in my lifetime, even if it's my one storey shack dream home.:D[/QUOTE]

Urbandreamer I appreciate your renderings and your musings, you add real personality to this forum and people like you are why I read these forums daily! Don't worry if Spire is being a bit harsh, I know you're being light and jovial, some people just hate that other people can do something and laugh about it too.

Wherever there are people there are cats, not rats.

In regards to dreamer I agree with Spire: grating. Never ending self promotion. I appreciate the photos, but the relentless snide commentary is like adolescent acne on Urban Toronto's face. And the name NimbyTect? Cringe-worthy.

Merry Christmas from Scrooge McKitty.

Please tell me they're going to clad the south side of the re-constructed heritage building in brick...

Back