Ah, I predicted this move when the old Front St. E Wendy's closed. Makes sense. And the permit for the Tim Horton's on Lower Jarvis across from the new Shopper's is still active, too, so it looks like there will be two new ones appearing within a short distance. The chainification of the SLM neighbourhood continues... Shopper's, Tim's, Rexall, Jack Astor's.

Pedantic aside, are the people who input data into these permit databases just in a ridiculous hurry or do they lack basic typing ability... "Tim Hortan's?" Seems rare to see a permit without some sort of bizarre typo in it.

Is Unit 6, north or south of the entrance to the parking garage on Church?

There was discussion earlier in the thread that Rexall were going to open in the corner Unit on Front & Church. There are now For Lease signs on the windows so that plan would appear to have fallen through.

One good thing about Rexall, is that it's open 24 hours. At first I wasn't happy about Rexall coming here but once I realized it would be open 24 hours a day, I changed my mind. (if that's still in the plans) They have a good selection of food and the prices aren't too bad. (good specials)

So, which unit is # 6? Is that on Church Street? There will soon be 3 Tim Horton's in this area, all a 2 minute walk away from each other. Crazy!
(Scott Street, Church Street and Jarvis, all close to Front)

There was discussion earlier in the thread that Rexall were going to open in the corner Unit on Front & Church. There are now For Lease signs on the windows so that plan would appear to have fallen through.

I noticed that last night, though they still appear to be working on the space inside.

Great view from those corner balconies

berczym1.jpg

Sign for a Beauty Supply store on the Church side. Primo retail coming!

They are just moving from Front Street, which is a benefit to everyone. There will also be a small concept Tim Horton's beside it on Church. These retail spaces are not luxurious as I think the dark glazing is scaring potential retailers.

They are just moving from Front Street, which is a benefit to everyone. There will also be a small concept Tim Horton's beside it on Church. These retail spaces are not luxurious as I think the dark glazing is scaring potential retailers.
Yes, the dark glazing is very odd - most retailers and restaurants want to allow people to look inside.

if it is rexall, they seem pretty comfortable completely redoing their facades lately. maybe they'll do that here ( I would!)

Last edited:
The waves are interesting and should engage the public. I would have preferred a mural than just that sign which looks stenciled onto the wall.

I'm definitely a fan of the stencilled text. I rather large pronounced text than messages hidden behind a mural. The waves look rather weak.

Back