I like Rexall and their new branding but would have been nice to see a restaurant move into this location

They are still a few weeks ago. The millwork is just getting done. It is a Rexall and not a PharmaPlus.
The clear windows are a problem for me as the Church street side should also change in my opinion. Looks weird when you walk around the corner.

The immediate window on Church street was drywalled over. Why it's dark ;)

I'm rather surprised by the uninspiring retail here (and in the area in general). Given the draw of St. Lawrence, the good urban bones, the extraordinary-for-Toronto 'touristy' heritage architecture I would expect this area to offer better, an almost 'Union Square area'-type mix of retail/commerce. In fact the reality is little better than what you'd find in a suburban strip mall. Maybe the rejuvenation of Market Street will help?

I'm glad they added an entrance at the corner. I was there a month and a half ago and thought it was bizarre that there wash"t one.

I'm rather surprised by the uninspiring retail here (and in the area in general). Given the draw of St. Lawrence, the good urban bones, the extraordinary-for-Toronto 'touristy' heritage architecture I would expect this area to offer better, an almost 'Union Square area'-type mix of retail/commerce. In fact the reality is little better than what you'd find in a suburban strip mall. Maybe the rejuvenation of Market Street will help?
This area lacks a real pharmacy, so it's nice to have one there. Hopefully it's 24 hours, but it probably won't be.

This area lacks a real pharmacy, so it's nice to have one there. Hopefully it's 24 hours, but it probably won't be.
Not sure what a 'real pharmacy" is these days. Most "pharmacies" (like Shoppers) now sell food, stuff and lots of non-pharmaceuticals. Most large grocery stores have pharmacy counters that sell, well, pharmaceuticals. The pharmacy in the Metro store just across the street from the new Rexall seems to have all the pharmaceuticals and pharmacists one could need and the non-pharmacy part is well covered by the rest of the store. There are VERY few 24/7 pharmacies these days, I think the only one downtown is the Shoppers at Yonge and Carleton.

So, to be more like Union Square, we'd need a Trader Joes, a Whole Foods and a Nordstrom Rack. And just up a the street, a Restoration Hardware.

So, to be more like Union Square, we'd need a Trader Joes, a Whole Foods and a Nordstrom Rack. And just up a the street, a Restoration Hardware.

Yeah, mostly chain shops i guess. Still, there are chains and there are chains. I'd take any of those over a Winner's, a Tim's and a Rexall.

There are 4 pharmacies already in the area within a literal 5 minute walk (2 Shoppers, Metro and one I can't name at Esplanade and Jarvis). Hardly lacking. 24 hours no but then how many are across the city?

Back