20210710_120134.jpg
20210710_120151.jpg
20210710_120204.jpg
20210710_120219.jpg

My initial reaction was quite negative, but it's growing on me. It unapologetically stands out from the neighbouring buildings.

It could have used some contrasting accents and some more height. But the storefront design, which eschews the sterility of a monotonous wall of glass, is commendable.

I like it, it's something different from anything else in the area which is a neat modern contrast and the retail units were kept smaller. Maybe a few wood accent panels would've been cool, but this design keeps it simple probably for the better.

The only issue I see is how the top is a lazy way of resolving the design motif when lots of care was put on the bottom end, I would've liked it to do the same thing on top like this:

(via @AlbertC)
resolve.jpg

I kinda like it but I might change my mind after I see it in person. I welcome any new development on Broadview. It's a great location and, in my opinion, under developed. A string of mid rises on the east side overlooking the spectacular view of downtown would be fantastic but I'm sure the cost of purchasing the existing houses would be astronomical. Oh well, a missed opportunity.

Not sure how I feel about it. But I tip my hat to the architects for thinking outside the box. It's also a lot nicer than the former buildings.

this would have looked great in corten - the black metal is a misstep in my opinion

That would look like a variant of Shim-Sutcliffe's Wong Tai Sin temple.

AoD

Back