Reaction score
Arch. Plans January '23

1676475737233.png

1676475777560.png

1676475808834.png

1676475841498.png

Cover Letter doesn't say much:

1676475932141.png

I've copied the above post by @Northern Light from the master project thread for Bloor & Dufferin into a new thread meant for just this building, dubbed 'The Marlow', at the northeast corner of the site, on what's shown as Block C, below. This thread can be used to follow construction updates for this tower as work progresses.

51382-154421.jpg

And with that, whatever soul there was is being snuffed out from this iconic corner. /bleh

(They couldn't even bother to derive originating names...)

And with that, whatever soul there was is being snuffed out from this iconic corner. /bleh

(They couldn't even bother to derive originating names...)
I totally agree. While this latest building design has improved and the materials looks good (but most likely going to be VE’ed), it lacks character and context to a prominent street corner and doesn’t owe anything to the neighbourhood. What a lost opportunity to do something nice and thoughtful here to enrich the streetscape.
Another empty pretentious, unoriginal (just like the building) condo name. There are condos named The Marlowe and Harlowe.

I agree that this is an underwhelming proposal. It looks like it could be anywhere. A significant intersection like Bloor & Duff deserves better.

Also, not a fan of the crown on top. Gives off Hilton Garden Inn vibes.

I totally agree. While this latest building design has improved and the materials looks good (but most likely going to be VE’ed), it lacks character and context to a prominent street corner and doesn’t owe anything to the neighbourhood. What a lost opportunity to do something nice and thoughtful here to enrich the streetscape.
Another empty pretentious, unoriginal (just like the building) condo name. There are condos named The Marlowe and Harlowe.
This is a rental building ;)

I prefer the proportions and symmetry to the last design, but the red brick should have been used on the tallest tower. The grey brick irks me.

They're going gangbusters here - 4 shoring machines plugging away while 4 excavators have already dug a storey down around the heritage building.

Can't believe this thread was all the way down on page 10 already!!

Back