News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

At one time (1920's, 1930's), Toronto had milk delivered daily(?) to houses. The houses of the time had milk boxes built next to the side entrance. The delivery of milk used the boxes to hold the glass bottles and return the empties. They slowly disappeared.

b513dacf7a7a4ff759808cd38a3c362f.jpg

From link.

Maybe it's time for a return of a "box" for parcel deliveries.

At one time (1920's, 1930's), Toronto had milk delivered daily(?) to houses. The houses of the time had milk boxes built next to the side entrance. The delivery of milk used the boxes to hold the glass bottles and return the empties. They slowly disappeared.

b513dacf7a7a4ff759808cd38a3c362f.jpg

From link.

Maybe it's time for a return of a "box" for parcel deliveries.

Had one in the house I grew up in. When I was younger, I could force open the inside door and squeeze in just enough to reach the main door lock if I forgot my key - the latches were notoriously insecure. The in-laws place still had one when we sold it a few years ago although the F-in-L had secured it years ago.

I'm glad to see the footage led to some arrests. Normally, when you search YouTube for vids on people caught stealing from porches it's no such thing, instead it's a vid showing someone stealing parcels without getting caught (i.e. apprehended) at all.

Just about every month i get parcels from Amazon on my porch that i didn't order. The delivery drivers get my address mixed up with the condo's address across the street. When i call the logistics delivery company and politely explain the driver mixed up my address with the condo across the street. I'm usually met with a condescending smug response from the person on the phone. The last guy i phoned was a real jerk, I was so disgusted by his bad attitude i threw the damn box to the street corner, where someone ended up stealing it.

Amazon is rich, they can afford to replace the stolen goods.

I went a little crazy with online shopping at one point earlier in the pandemic and must say I've only had one missing delivery. Fortunately, the refund policy was really easy and they instantly reimbursed me. My gut feeling is that it was the driver at fault, based on the app delivery notification and how quickly it went missing.

I went a little crazy with online shopping at one point earlier in the pandemic and must say I've only had one missing delivery. Fortunately, the refund policy was really easy and they instantly reimbursed me. My gut feeling is that it was the driver at fault, based on the app delivery notification and how quickly it went missing.

Amazon uses a lot of these third party Micky mouse delivery companies like Go Logistics Inc out of Mississauga. These guys are horrible, i have witnessed drivers throw packages from the sidewalk to the front door, they have left packages in my front yard, out in the open and even in the snow! I have had drivers mistakenly deliver packages to my door. And i call to complain, but they never send a driver out to pick up the package or even apologies, they act like it's my fault. Yeah i mistakenly have been living in the wrong house. :rolleyes: I have also witness drivers double parked in bike lanes, go down one way streets the wrong way and blow through stop signs. It's like horrible driving skills is a job requirement.

I have never had any issues with UPS or Purolator.

Last edited:

Back