News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I have eaten Tim Horton's pepperoni pizza and I must say that quality-wise, it's more like Pizza Pizza.

In other words, it is a disappointment. Even the McPizza tastes better and I was in elementary school when it was available (the personal-sized McPizza is similar to the Sabatasso's pizza singles sold in Costco).

I think they should have gone back to their Hamilton roots for this one and looked at the famous "Roma Pizza" made by Roma Bakery, which has become ubiquitous in the Hamilton area.
It's a more dense and bread-like crust spread out on a regular rectangular baking sheet, then a thick coating of sauce is added, and toppings (if any) are put on sparingly. There's no cheese added, so it can easily be vegetarian or vegan.
After baking, the slab is cut into squares and boxed up. It is generally served at room temperature. It's a fixture at BBQ's or birthday parties or family gatherings in Hamilton; someone always gets a box of Roma.

This is exactly the kind of product for the market they want to reach in the afternoon, something calorie dense that's quick and easy to eat; and also very easy to prepare and serve by the square in one of those little parchment holders they use for bagels. The margins on it would be huge. You could serve it room temp or keep one warmed up for choice on demand.

Last edited:

Back