Hmmmm. No SPA submission since Jan 2017 and they're predicting Site Plan Approval by Q3 2018?
Any project that has Fortress attached to it is probably going to be put on hold indefinitely. Investors shouldn't be so naive however, their brokers still did cheat people by promising guaranteed returns with their syndicated mortgages. I'm curious what will happen to Lamb.

Symmetry Developments is also in trouble too. Tarion refused to renew Symmetry's construction registration last June.
This definition according to Tarion:
Refused: Means that Tarion did not renew the builder/vendor's registration (registration must be renewed annually) because the builder/vendor no longer met registration requirements. A refused builder/vendor cannot build or sell new homes.

This caused big problems with Origami Lofts. All residents, with exception of the penthouse level (20 units), took possession a little over a year ago. The penthouse units (3 units) took occupancy not until just a few weeks ago and the building was just recently registered. The building had considerable material changes from the plans and marketing materials and the building was in very rough shape during occupancy of the lower floors -- it was in the news last year: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...at-mom-s-after-condo-buy-goes-south-1.4005947
Because Symmetry is prohibited to sell or construct they are not allowed to perform the work to complete the building and fix all its deficiencies. As far as I know, Tarion has appointed an arbitrator and 3rd party contractor to resolve these issues, but it will be a long battle for this little building. I had spoken to a couple residents and all the homeowners have banded and working closely together to get the building finished properly.

Symmetry's website has been taken down and no one's answering the phone. I highly doubt Symmetry will be submitting for SPA or doing anything for that matter. Any wise or cautious buyer would stay away after all the issues with Origami and Tree House (in addition to its ties with Fortress Real Developments).

Also, the developer is selling the site.

Last edited:
Development site placed back on the market again:

gerr.JPG

Back