8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some thoughts on these units would be appreciated. Biggest issue here is storage in the kitchen. It's non-existent and with some of the units I don't even know if a island is possible

t02-819.jpg

t05-784.jpg

t07-882.jpg

to10-883.jpg

I must say those are some bad floorplans - inefficiently laid out 784 - 883 sq ft.
how is it possible to only have 2 small bedrooms and small 11'6" x 20'+ LR/DR/kitchen ?!

What's the deal with the separator between the bathrooms in the first few layouts? Is that a glass slider/pocket door?

Tough crowd, huh? LOL.

The separator between the bathrooms is a typical wood pocket door. Not frosted glass. I actually like the layouts and visited the units and feel very airy. My issues with these units are the tiny linear kitchens. I don't know why builders insist on building these things. My other issue is some of the units have 2 bathrooms that are connected. However, they're 2 3 piece bathrooms. Which is kind of a waste. In addition, the lack of storage under the sinks.

Tough crowd, huh? LOL.

The separator between the bathrooms is a typical wood pocket door. Not frosted glass. I actually like the layouts and visited the units and feel very airy. My issues with these units are the tiny linear kitchens. I don't know why builders insist on building these things. My other issue is some of the units have 2 bathrooms that are connected. However, they're 2 3 piece bathrooms. Which is kind of a waste. In addition, the lack of storage under the sinks.

I think these layouts are pretty decent. They are VERY similar to the 2bed/2bath corner unit floor plan I had at 18 Yorkville, with the bedrooms diagonal from each other and the large living/dining room in the middle with a corner of windows. The only differences between the "hazelton" plan at Yorkville and this one are the kitchen and bathrooms. In hazelton, the kitchen was at the south end of the living/dining room and the kitchen was it's own room with a wraparound counter that acted like an island and you could sit at the counter facing into the kitchen. Here, the kitchen is just part if the side wall and any island would take the place of the dining room. It's weird how my unit was only 802 sq ft and I had a bigger kitchen but skid had room for a dining room table and a living room set. They've made the kitchen part of the dining room here but sort if eliminated either having an island or a dining table. Also my plan had two full bathrooms. This has one full bathroom and a second toilet that can join up with the one bathroom. I'm trying to figure out where the sq footage went. I had a separate kitchen and two full bathrooms at 803 sq ft and this place has less kitchen and less bathroom but more sq footage and the bedrooms. I guess maybe the extra sq ft went to the main room? Although my main room (completely excluding the kitchen) was 18 x 11. My bedrooms were very small too, I couldn't even fit in a queen bed, only a double and even with just that I couldn't fit two normal size side tables, and they were about the same size as these bedrooms. But I really enjoyed living there. It worked if you chose the right furniture.

And if you have a west facing unit you would have that awesome skyline view.

Tough crowd, huh? LOL.

I'm trying to figure out why there is such a pocket door joining the main bath to what would be the master ensuite, in the first three layouts.

I dunno - whenever I see these tiny suites with sliding doors, they seem cheap and way too minimalistic. The "kitchen" is a great example -- designed to trick you into thinking you actually have one. I also can't imagine the soundproofing between rooms would be adequate; someone taking an overnight leak in the main bath would probably sound like Seabiscuit to someone sleeping in the master bedroom.

Lack of storage would be a major issue for us. I don't mind a small space, but there has to be some thought put into function and efficiency. People need a place to put their stuff.

I'm trying to figure out why there is such a pocket door joining the main bath to what would be the master ensuite, in the first three layouts.

I dunno - whenever I see these tiny suites with sliding doors, they seem cheap and way too minimalistic. The "kitchen" is a great example -- designed to trick you into thinking you actually have one. I also can't imagine the soundproofing between rooms would be adequate; someone taking an overnight leak in the main bath would probably sound like Seabiscuit to someone sleeping in the master bedroom.

Lack of storage would be a major issue for us. I don't mind a small space, but there has to be some thought put into function and efficiency. People need a place to put their stuff.

All very good points. Funny enough 4 2 bed units have been sold over the last few days. So there is a demand I guess. Lack of storage is a big problem. There isn't even any storage under the bathroom sinks.

One solution I've seen is an island/breakfast bar thing (I'm sure there's a better term). So you can use it for storage and food prep and also for eating at. The reason they build kitchens like this is that there are some people who never cook at home. A bowl of cereal is about as far as they go. I could never survive with these kitchens, though.

Back