News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I'm not sure if I really want a wall of sliding doors for the master bedroom as I will probably want it closed most of the time, especially when there's guests. It's definitely fine for the 2nd bedroom as those are often used as a den or as a rarely used guest bedroom and opening that room up would make the living space feel more spacious, or even expanding the living rooms into this space.

In general I would prefer to have the walk-in shower in the master bath and the tub in the second bathroom as the shower is used much more often and showering in a walk-in shower is much more appreciated than showering in a tub.

How much is the M09 model at the Mercer selling for? I don't find the unit that great and it's next to the trash chute.

I agree that having 2 full bathrooms is excessive for a 1+1. I'd rather have only one bathroom and have larger living areas instead, or at least have a powder room for those occasional guests. And having two doors to a bathroom is a waste of space and awkward. Having direct access between a 2nd bedroom to a bathroom is not necessary and wastes wall space limiting furniture placement.

mercer is going for $435K I believe. Only 3rd floor available. The location of the unit is a bit of a problem. Pretty much agree with what you said, especially about the shower. Would rather the tub+shower over tub+tub.

I have cut out the X2 units. I don't understand how Cecconi Simone could sign off on some of the kitchen designs. The kitchen takes up something like 2/3 of the unit.

were you able to see the actual units?

it's amazing how the developers are trying to get away with cost cutting by installing linear kitchens to say they are space efficient when in reality if one adds an island for the desperately needed storage and counter-space it takes up a lot more.
with the floor-to-ceiling glass window walls, structural pillars are sometimes in the middle of a room making the space difficult to work with and eats into the square footage.

additionally, in the developers quest to cram in more units per floor to make more money, the floorplans have become very awkward and wasteful in terms of actual useable floor area. the sweetspot or ideal floor plan would be wide and shallow.
instead we get units that have bowling lane entries of 10, 15+ ft labelled as "gallery", windowless interior 1 bedroom units which wastes at least 30+ square feet for the hallway from the entry to the living room/kitchen.

I have cut out the X2 units. I don't understand how Cecconi Simone could sign off on some of the kitchen designs. The kitchen takes up something like 2/3 of the unit.

were you able to see the actual units?

it's amazing how the developers are trying to get away with cost cutting by installing linear kitchens to say they are space efficient when in reality if one adds an island for the desperately needed storage and counter-space it takes up a lot more.
with the floor-to-ceiling glass window walls, structural pillars are sometimes in the middle of a room making the space difficult to work with and eats into the square footage.

additionally, in the developers quest to cram in more units per floor to make more money, the floorplans have become very awkward and wasteful in terms of actual useable floor area. the sweetspot or ideal floor plan would be wide and shallow.
instead we get units that have bowling lane entries of 10, 15+ ft labelled as "gallery", windowless interior 1 bedroom units which wastes at least 30+ square feet for the hallway from the entry to the living room/kitchen.

I saw X2 and Cinema Tower. I cancelled X2 out immediately. Cinema Tower while small is still in the running. I agree with you though, some units just don't make sense. The X2 unit is almost 900 square feet yet feels like a small 1 bedroom. While you can see that by looking at the plans, it's an even better experience when you see it with your own two eyes. Nice unit, but two big issues that I'm unwilling to work with for half a million. Selling or renting it out will be very difficult.

Linear kitchens drive me nuts and they pop up everywhere. I don't mind a linear kitchen with an island but it needs to make sense. I was able to re-design a more efficient unit and I have 0 experience in design/architecture fields. Close to 900sqft and the living room is 10x12 with a massive pillar in it. Can't even accomodate a love seat without being cramped.

I really like River City, but would have to do some work to get it up to what I need. The size and design is what appeals to me.

Last edited:
All These Floor Plans have way to small of a living room. My clients really didn't like the Lucas layout. I'm not a fan either. The Speilberg was impressive and one of the nicer units in the Cinema Tower.

Any second bedroom without a window seems useless space to me. Clients never liked the idea of what they can use it for(Extra Closet). The last layout will be way too dark. Just noticed too no baloncy? :| Pass.

Agreed, I like to see at least approx. 10'x18-20' in useable living space.

Back