39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
1.jpeg

954 sqft

I like the good sized bedrooms with adequate closet space (7 and 5 linear feet, respectively) and L-shaped kitchen with island.
plenty of closet space (about 8 linear feet) in the foyer.

the dining room might be abit tight and I wish there was a usable wall somewhere in the living/dining room area to maximize the vertical space for storage and entertainment unit, etc.
you might have to flip the living and dining rooms, or be comfortable watching a tv 23 feet away and at least 30-36" off the ground to clear any dining table.

my 2 cents - first 954 square feet is quite reasonable for 2 bedroom/2 bath - I get so tired of seeing 2 beds/2 baths been squeezed into 800 square or even less sometimes.

The kitchen with the island is nice - I hate these linear kitchens against the wall that are so common now - more space saving technique. Seems to be good storage space - especially with 2 closets off the entry way.

Like the fact that both bedrooms have windows and natural light and I like the fact that they are separated and not next to each other. The balcony seems decent sized - looks like you get a couple of chairs and table out there comfortably.

Some peeves - don't like having to access the laundry off the second bathroom - I would at least add a door so it could be closed off the from the second bathroom. The second bathroom is also a bit far from the second bedroom. I also think it would be a better design to have balcony access off the master bedroom instead of the second bedroom.

To me the biggest problem is the dining room. It seems tight, particularly as you have the door to the second bedroom. I think you would be constantly having to walk around the diningroom table to get anywhere - but maybe a small rectangular or square table would work.

All in all, compare to what I've seen on the market I thinks this a pretty good design.

not to mention the door to the master bedroom is right in the middle of the only real wall in the living room. awkward.

not to mention the door to the master bedroom is right in the middle of the only real wall in the living room. awkward.

You're right. You don't really need a wall, though. It would be ideal but not necessary. If there was a flaw to point out about this floorplan it would be that. But that's pretty good considering some of the floorplans I've seen and posted on here.

Opening up to the kitchen with no foyer. Big no-no. Bathroom opening directly to the kitchen also a no-no. Funny smells linger into the kitchen. Not pleasant. Dining table will feel very cramped.

I'd pass.

Opening up to the kitchen with no foyer. Big no-no
really, is that such a big deal? it's not ideal but so many condos do that so you think that'll affect resale values?

Bathroom opening directly to the kitchen also a no-no.
is this unit pre-construction or already built?
some minor modifications can rectify that by moving the closets together towards the direction of the tub and having the access to the washroom near the entry door in front of the W/D; thereby changing the orientation of the washroom door to the short wall and open up to another wall. smells may linger but that's what the washroom fan is for ! :)

Dining table will feel very cramped.
not ideal but workable if limited to a 5'0" x 2'6" rectangular, or 3'0" diameter circular tables.
this is a 2 bedroom condo so I can't see more than 2 adults + 2 children living here

Attachments

• 954 sqft.jpg
    954 sqft.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 669
Good points by everyone. Opening up into the kitchen isn't ideal but at the same time, no long hallway means more usable living space so there is a tradeoff. A lot of 2 bedroom units have 10ft long hallways which IMO are a waste of space.

The dining room is cramped I guess, but when you consider it's for 2 people and maybe a child, more than enough space.

Back