News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

... we (not me!) need to be on same time as either NYC or Montreal (or, better yet, both).
We were an hour out of sync with NY state and the rest of the USA for much of one winter in the 1970s. It wasn't that big of a problem, and that's why even most people who are old enough to remember that time have forgotten about it. It would be even less of a big deal now with the better technology and communications. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the reason some people disliked it in the USA was that kids were travelling to school in darkness (I see no mention of them noticing or caring about being an hour out of sync with Canadians), in hindsight something that could easily be addressed simply by schools starting at a slightly later time in the morning instead of strangely making everyone move their clocks twice a year.

Last edited:
Interesting proposal from Sen. Lankford. Permanently sticking with one time year-round does seem like the simplest solution to the twice-annual time changes, and I am in favor of this one.
Let's hope something comes of this for once. I'm so tired of the stupidity of time shifting.

Whether it is a good idea or not, citing your motivation as the 'dying wishes of a veteran' seems a little over the top.

Whether it is a good idea or not, citing your motivation as the 'dying wishes of a veteran' seems a little over the top.
I've never understood why in North America we have highways and infrastructure memorializing veterans, but rarely our war dead. Remembering and thanking combat veterans is important, but it's the ones who died serving the country that mean the most to me.

I've never understood why in North America we have highways and infrastructure memorializing veterans, but rarely our war dead. Remembering and thanking combat veterans is important, but it's the ones who died serving the country that mean the most to me.
Well, the portion of the 401 is called the Highway of Heroes to honour the route our war dead travel from CFP Trenton to the Coroner's Office, and pretty much every city, town and village has a cenotaph.

Back