News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Pretty cool looking places. I think this would go in the other building forum though in the Rest of the Universe forums.

This thread relates to Toronto laneways, as was indicated in the original post. If "Montreal (and housing vernacular)" can stay in this section, I think "Tokyo Houses" can as well - as long as the ensuing discussion doesn't veer too far off topic.

That is a fantastic collection of images, by the way, and I agree that many of those buildings would make ideal solutions to laneway housing in Toronto! Some of the larger buildings would actually be better suited to main streets rather than be relegated to laneways in this town...

2555893962_3bf626dec8.jpg

Holy infill batman! :eek:

There was a great program on the National Geographic Channel a month ago about those tiny, modern Tokyo homes. One guy even rented the 'air space' above a parking lot and built his home eight feet off the ground. It was all modular so, if the parking lot owner raised the rent (or the home owner found a better spot), it could easily be removed and reinstalled in a couple of days in a new spot. They even interviewed the home owner and the architects in detail. One of the better shows I have seen this past year on TV.

Interesting how all those modern homes have a German car parked in the front. Great architecture and cozy neighbourhood... Need to visit Japan

I like the idea of the modula home that you can move to a new location :)

Very inttretting set of pics of peoples homes in Japan, I love the house Reflection of mineral and the library in Bonneuil-sur-Marne :)

Back