Wow that's a relatively new building. But what the hell, tear that sucker down! Yonge & Eglinton is just begging for more density.

115,000 sqft of 1985 class B office space, with direct subway access. That's a pretty valuable asset for a tear-down. Demolition alone will cost a fortune.

Should mean we get something fairly spectacular to justify that kind of outlay.

Should have gone for an Aura-like 75 storeys and be a real anchor visible from downtown. Either way I can hear the hatchets and tomahawks down at city hall being sharpened already so maybe they are just being realistic.

Depending on how many office floors it contains, it is quite likely to be as tall or taller than Aura (mechanical/crowns notwithstanding).

Hopefully the same amount of office space remains.

The application refers to this development as a mixed-use building. At 68 storeys it could easily contain more office space than currently exists on the site.

This seems to be a priority to try and include office space in new developments, or at least don't decrase the supply. Why not have council pass a resolution to add this language to zoning bylaws where appropriate. Otherwise, the OMB will look at what is being asked by the city of the developers and compare against zoning and other planning documents. The city loses every single time on this point...

The ward councillor will not accept a building at this height. This one isn't happening anytime soon, and I would not be surprised if it's cut below 60 floors.

I think there should be a far greater emphasis on the office component vs residential. Area has a ton of residential, but that's such a prime spot for office space.

it seems to be the exact same color as Scotia Plaza.

A little lighter I think, but that also explains why I like it; Scotia is in my top 10 buildings of all time (throughout the world) category ! From top to bottom as well, the podium / the inside. It's amazing.

Oh wow oh wow.....

Hmm... 600 residential units in a site this big works to approximately what, 20+ storeys of residential space? If this is 68 storeys, then that means this building will have A LOT of office space! Which is fantastic! All the recent buildings going up at Yonge and Eglinton are purely condos, this is a tall tower but I am not going to be against it because this is going to bring in a lot more office space and more office spaces will make Yonge & Eglinton not just a transit hub, but a business hub and a destination in itself.

I agree with others on the present building being a nice looking building, but MidTowner is right, the pedestrian-level leaves a lot to be desired and is the least used corner of the intersection which says a lot considering the two other corners are construction sites and the fourth corner consist of a subway entrance and the remains of the bus bays.

Last edited:
If the North east side of this intersection is 58 floors and the south east side is 68 floors... how tall will the south west side be? 78? 88?

I've always liked the existing building. I'm not a fan of the idea of taking down a relatively good looking & good condition office building here.

2221 Yonge is directly south of this (and north of Minto).

If the North east side of this intersection is 58 floors and the south east side is 68 floors... how tall will the south west side be? 78? 88?

I don't doubt at all that developers are looking anxiously at the south-west corner and the TTC lands of the former bus bays.

Y-E development will actually be crazy. For reference I've collected all the threads for the development of the various 4 corners of Y-E:

NE Corner - E Condos, 36+58s
SE Corner - 1 Eglinton Ave E, 68s
SE Corner - 2221 Yonge Condos, 56s
SE Corner - Minto Midtown, 52+37s, completed
NW Corner - Yonge Eglinton Centre Expansion, RioCan to 27 & 37s + 3s retail podium in mall
NW Corner - 36-44 Eglinton Ave W, 48s
NW Corner - 90 Eglinton Ave West, 29s
SW Corner - Canada Square / Eglinton Bus Bays re-development (potentially many buildings)

Plus the Eglinton Crosstown LRT and the relocation of Eglinton Station. Wow, and this is only in the immediate vicinity of the intersection, not even mentioning whats going on in walking distance from all directions of this intersection. Absolutely hectic.

Last edited:
Let's see... if half the floors are residential, that would be just under 19.5 units per floor. Is that a reasonable number for the likely floor plate on this site? If so, then a reasonable guess for the total height might be 34x3m (residential floors, tower) plus 32x4m (office floors, tower plus upper podium) plus 2x8m (double-height lower podium floors, commercial) plus 4m architectural roof element including mechanical = 250m to the top of the roof.

If residential averages about 15 units per floor instead, then the same calculation with 44 floors of 3m residential, 22 floors of 4m office and 2 floors of 8m commercial, plus 4m rooftop gives a total height of 240m.

At 12 units per floor, the calculation with 55 floors of 3m residential, 11 floors of 4m office and 2 floors of 8m commercial, plus 4m roof-top gives a total height of 229m.

6m commercial floors instead of 8m would drop 4m from the total height in all cases. So the project (if approved at 68s) would probably be in the 225m to 250m range -- unless the rooftop element is more extravagant, in which case it could be somewhat taller.

Last edited:
I don't doubt at all that developers are looking anxiously at the south-west corner and the TTC lands of the former bus bays.

Y-E development will actually be crazy. For reference I've collected all the threads for the development of the various 4 corners of Y-E:

NW Corner - Yonge Eglinton Centre Expansion, RioCan to 27 & 37s + 3s retail podium in mall
SW Corner - Canada Square / Eglinton Bus Bays re-development (potentially many buildings)

Plus the Eglinton Crosstown LRT and the relocation of Eglinton Station. Wow, and this is only in the immediate vicinity of the intersection, not even mentioning whats going on in walking distance from all directions of this intersection. Absolutely hectic.

I agree. Yonge and sheppard may have much more development but until recently it was mainly away from the actual intersection. Yonge and eglinton is going to be bigger at its epicenter when it's all said and done. Although playing catch up the crosstown is going to help immensely. Hoping for more office like the rest of everyone.

Also Art Shoppe, 30 Roe, Berwick, Neon are within 5 min walk. If you expand radius to 10 min walk there are even more.

Back