Lest we all wonder why there's no signage for the prospective retailers yet...........

1633618316799.png

I for one am not expecting any interesting retail tenants here...
It certainly wasn't a bad strip there even at the worst of times. It attracted something better than cellphone repairs, fly-by-night trend (Poké, Sushito, etc.) restaurants, or vape/cannabis stores that are found just a few blocks south. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a standalone butchery or bakery. The area needs—and I think could easily support—something akin to a Sanagan's or Blackbird, and Yonge is a good locale for it.

It certainly wasn't a bad strip there even at the worst of times. It attracted something better than cellphone repairs, fly-by-night trend (Poké, Sushito, etc.) restaurants, or vape/cannabis stores that are found just a few blocks south. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a standalone butchery or bakery. The area needs—and I think could easily support—something akin to a Sanagan's or Blackbird, and Yonge is a good locale for it.

Prior to construction D'Lish cupcakes in here, and they, so far as I'm concerned, make the best in the City.

Right now they only have an outpost near Trinity-Bellwoods on Queen.

I'd love to see them back here, it was much more convenient to me as an east-ender.

That said, I have not heard anything about such a move.

The above Refusal Notice is for *Illuminated* Wall Sign - the City has very strict rules for signage on these types of Historical Restoration Storefronts. This image on west-side of Yonge below at St Joseph shows a good example of what City expects - generally no or little illumination and notice RBC using their older font style

Yonge_HistoricalStorefront.jpg

While the tower itself was certainly cheapened, the street facing heritage buildings look amazing and I'm excited to see them aglow at night. Hopefully there's some good options there and not just banks!

Sidewalk is poured.............and indeed, that itself is a disappointment here...... I'm surprised to see concrete being used within the Bloor-Yorkville BIA on new sidewalks.

Photo taken Oct 27th, 2021:

1635374838314.png

They've gone w/plain, brushed concrete, with a single rose of granite pavers next to the curb.

If there's any accommodation of trees, I can't see it in the shot and didn't have a chance to get closer today.

I would have expected either all granite, as is the case in all new developments fronting Bay St, and Avenue Road; or Interlocking Brick as can be seen on Yorkville Avenue itself.

Sidewalk is poured.............and indeed, that itself is a disappointment here...... I'm surprised to see concrete being used within the Bloor-Yorkville BIA on new sidewalks.
But it's across from "Not Yorkville", and the homeless IFO Tim Horton's, and (ew) a public library!

(And yeah, I know it's part of the BIA, but there are parts that I'm pretty sure the neighbourhood wishes weren't there)

But it's across from "Not Yorkville", and the homeless IFO Tim Horton's, and (ew) a public library!

(And yeah, I know it's part of the BIA, but there are parts that I'm pretty sure the neighbourhood wishes weren't there)

It's all being redeveloped {except for Toronto Reference, and what's already new)......

Back