Kudos to them for at least keeping the premises reasonably landscaped throughout this time:

20200830_132110.jpg
20200830_132154.jpg

The mind-numbing he said she said LPAT decision aside (and the general molasses of this site discussion), I hope we see something here that maintains Cardinal's 'echoes of Museum of Civilisation' podium. Perfect for this location.

As for view a view terminus... the building as proposed is more than worthy (sorry Barton).

Maybe add a clock to the building crown (here's a suggested design direction).

waddingtons-69080f3ac8f6080545512e0c2620fb1d_3.jpg

LINK

This City kills every good idea, the gap between downtown and midtown hurts my eyes!
I dunno, I could really see the design currently turn into another Minto Yorkville if it ever where realized. /shudders

...so don't let the magic of renderings fool you. This just might be for the better in the end.

True. Many renderings do fool but also a high percentage of Diamante's past projects have proven to be of good quality. (Both The Florian and Domus on either side of this proposal, One Balmoral, Two Roxborough, etc.)

New ZBA application submitted:

Development Applications

Updated project description:
Zoning by-law amendment application to facilitate the redevelopment of the site for a 19-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 437.09 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 10,148.79 square metres. A total of 42 residential dwelling units are proposed.

^ and this comes after pre-app discussions with the city after two failed attempts at the OMB/LPAT/OLT, so likely this will be the one that makes it through, in some form.

From the Planning Rationale Report:

1636999152382.png

That is a small number of very large units.....42 unites over 19 floors is just over 2 units per floor.

I also get an average units size, based on the Residential GFA well in excess of 2,000ft2.......

Wow the renderings in the database look awesome. Why does Toronto always feel the need to neuter it's nicest buildings?
...and neutered in a blandtastic fashion too.

I mean, I get they had to reduce the height to get this built, but they could give us something awe inspiring or least something competitive with the other buildings around there. /sigh

Back