Amir Remtulla has registered to lobby on this one, on behalf of client Bentall Green Oak.

This one is at the OLT I believe, but with no updates there on cases appealed since June of last year.........we're in the dark on any movement there.

@interchange42 you were inquiring with the OLT on this (the lack of status updates on newer files) were you not?

Amir Remtulla has registered to lobby on this one, on behalf of client Bentall Green Oak.

This one is at the OLT I believe, but with no updates there on cases appealed since June of last year.........we're in the dark on any movement there.

@interchange42 you were inquiring with the OLT on this (the lack of status updates on newer files) were you not?
Unfortunately, they don't have a timeline for their new website yet.

Site Plan Approval application submitted:

Development Applications

Updated project description:
Site Plan Approval application for a 61-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area 22,601 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 44,683 square metres. A total of 526 rental dwelling units are proposed.

PH33.8 - Open Door Affordable Rental Housing Support for 28 New Affordable Rental Homes 100 Simcoe Street

"This report recommends the provision of an estimated $2,042,359 in Open Door Program incentives to Sun Life Assurance to support the development of the 28 affordable homes at 100 Simcoe Street.

The financial incentives recommended for Council approval include relief from development charges, planning and building permit fees, and property taxes for 40 years, as outlined in Table 1 below. As this project is in the final planning approval stages, the applicable planning application fees have already been paid by the developer and will not be waived."

------------

"Were the City to accept the proposed affordable housing units solely as a Section 37 contribution, the anticipated affordability period would have been 15 years. In exchange for receiving Open Door Program incentives for these affordable rental units, Sun Life Assurance has agreed to extend the affordable rental period to 40 years. This extended affordability period reflects the value of the City's incentives."

LINK - http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.PH33.8

1650742133488.png

The red brick portion is nice, but overall it seems like a jumble of disparate elements. Also yet another heritage building sprouts a massive tumour; we're really going to have nothing left but facades at this rate.

simplified colour palette with way more red brick, including frames up the tower
arches to transition from the heritage building to the new build
bronze-coloured podium volume before the tower floors start
almost all of the west facing balconies on the top half of the tower have been eliminated

? not sure - red framing steps below and above the middle of the tower

IMO. ;)

Last edited:
It'd look great if HP scrapped the gap toothed curtainwall sections. The brick should be continuous.
I think if they kept the up and down above the copper portion as well it would look better. Variation is nice as those continuous long verticals can get to be too much, especially with the ones on 19 Duncan. Though I can appreciate your comments on this.

I think if they kept the up and down above the copper portion as well it would look better. Variation is nice as those continuous long verticals can get to be too much, especially with the ones on 19 Duncan. Though I can appreciate your comments on this
Yes thats where traditional stepbacks wouldve been preferable to curtainwall cutouts.

wow, this is really interesting and eye catching! this is what the city needs more of - full height masonry buildings ( even if they end up being prefab sections) to contrast the last 20 years of nothing but glass which has left so many parts of the downtown feeling sterile and lifeless. fingers crossed it actually gets built like this. it compliments 19 Duncan so well. that block stands to be one of the best anywhere downtown.

Back