Sorry, but this is an earlier design from May 2019. We now have a new design with a strip of blue/green masonry bricks over the storefronts - and I think that's awesome!
Phew. I was about to say, looks like the fritted glass element disappeared. Happy to see that's not the case, it's one of my favourite details.

Phase 2 of the Railpath will spit out onto Sudbury Street at its southern terminus. Would that rendering be part of some phase 3 extension? Seems vertically high to be practical unless there is a King Street bicycle lane I am unaware of.

ghost kitchen demolition, ha. Pic from last night...
20211209_192005.jpg

Still no building permit here.

Multiplex started early works, including demolition, in December 2021. Main works are scheduled to begin in late 2022.

The 14-storey, 254,000-square-foot, mixed-use residential building will include two levels of underground parking. The purpose-built rental building with retail at grade will include 227 rental units. The site itself poses some unique challenges.

“The constrained site is bordered by the rail corridor through Liberty Village, a trafficked, residential street, and the TTC streetcar line on King Street West,” explained Jason Poole, project director with Multiplex. “Multiplex’s thorough logistics plan accounts for these factors and will ensure military precision during construction.”

Hullmark registering to lobby on this one, again......

Apparently in relation to a motion made for on-site parkland dedication......

I believe the parkland on site is a proposal of the developer to satisfy their parkland requirements as it's not really useful land for development. Not sure the parks department wants such a small sliver of land right up against the rail corridor. It's likely lobbying to convince the city to accept the parkland dedication.

Back