Drilling today:
68011964-08A4-4310-BA83-66AE81F1D665.jpeg

It doesn't necessarily include the rendering that was posted earlier in this thread, but Zinc's website profile for this site does mention their intent to go with architectsAlliance. At least in this stage of development planning:

Zinc Yonge

Coming soon.

Architect
Architects Alliance

Last edited:
Application Filed:

1651301320396.png

19s is an ambitious ask; but not without some precedent in that 'The James' to the immediate north got 21s.

But it's certainly more than the vast majority ask for, or get in this area.

But, they don't have any SFH abutting the property which should cut them some slack.

Taller than the much discussed render earlier in thread.

If the east hallway on that plan went a bit further east, then layouts at that end of the building could be a tiny bit more sensible, not having to contort through narrow individual hallways to get into them. But of course, the way it is now, the developer can charge a little more for the useless space that would otherwise be unsaleable common area hallway.

Let's say that hallway is 30sf (3ft x 10ft), at $1700, that's $51k of utterly useless waste to a purchaser, but $51k in profit to Zinc...

This is so wild. Those hallways are so aggressive. There has to be a better floorplate. Still not a huge fan of the grey look, I think it would've fit more the neighbourhood if they kept a red brick podium

The unit layouts are horrendous. Like, can you even fit a queen bed in some of those 1BD units?

Also agreed with @TorMick, i wish this wasn't so aggressively grey. I love the massing, but I really wish they used something warmer in terms of materials, at least at street level. But I am thankful it's not the signature a-A blank glass wall at street level for once.

...this building is meant to be nice to look at, not much so to live in. /sigh

Not to sound cruel but is it nice though? The cantilevering boxes are very interesting but overall it looks like an older office building at Yonge and St Clair
I said it was nice, not spectacular. 😼

Back