Yesterday
83D74240-8275-4F37-A201-9797421399C5.jpeg

Does anyone know what that big round cupola window thingy sticking out the third floor of the Frogley building at Yonge/Yorkville is? There appears to be two more of them down the block, one on on the Christopher Beacon (sp?) and another five storefronts down from the corner.

At first I though it was just an avant garde 70s skylight or something, but I can't figure out why there'd be two more of them on unrelated buildings, all at about the same height?

Edit: Are they street lighting? The same things are extant on the Toronto Reference Library across the street.

Does anyone know what that big round cupola window thingy sticking out the third floor of the Frogley building at Yonge/Yorkville is? There appears to be two more of them down the block, one on on the Christopher Beacon (sp?) and another five storefronts down from the corner.

At first I though it was just an avant garde 70s skylight or something, but I can't figure out why there'd be two more of them on unrelated buildings, all at about the same height?

Edit: Are they street lighting? The same things are extant on the Toronto Reference Library across the street.
Yes, street lighting!

Ok, some weird stuff here in respect of future parkland and risk management is addressed by a Member Motion to next week's Council Meeting

Link the motion here:

From said motion:

1622728943272.png

Back