There needs to be a new location for Staples in the area during construction.

The other nearest Staples to that location are too far to walk to.

From Audax’ Twitter:

542BF161-863E-403D-A15B-1B04595A7B6F.jpeg

Love this. A breath of fresh air! Impressive design and finishings and quite context-appropriate IMO. I like how grand it feels and it really looks as if it has been sitting there for decades. The target market is clearly an ultra-luxury clientele (if you couldn't tell already); just look at the floor heights that vary from 3.7 m to 4.3 m...

This is first development that I know that continued the same theme right to the top. Not blending the old look with the new. And that is something that I was waiting for developers to create . Lord knows we need some antique looking buildings in this city to add some class !

Preliminary Report on this heading to the November 10th, TEYCC:

The City is highlighting some concerns around height and stepbacks:

ISSUES TO BE RESOLVED

Height and Transition:

The proposed building height of 13-storeys (52 metres plus a 5-metre mechanical penthouse) does not fit within the height context of this portion of Yonge Street and does not conform with Official Plan built form policies, specifically those set out in the Downtown Plan. The proposal does not provide appropriate transition between the Mixed Use Areas and Neighbourhoods designations as required in the Official Plan.

Heritage:

Heritage Planning staff have indicated that the property at 1140 Yonge Street, which is currently listed on the Heritage Register, is a significant heritage resource that should be conserved. Heritage Planning staff have identified concerns with the limited stepback above the heritage resource. Further discussion is required

The heritage podium and transition to the floors above were very tastefully done from my perspective based on the renderings above. Bit disappointed with their concerns on that. The height issue might be valid but hopefully if they cut the height they are not forced to cut the quality to make up for less revenue.

Back