I have been there as well. I do wonder, however, who owns the land and how long before this large plot of land is developed. My partner and I had a discussion about how much FSI could go there and both agreed it would be very high especially with a change in zoning. Sorry! 🤔
I seem to recall that many years ago there was a proposal for the Freshco site but it never went anywhere...

Taken today May 2, 2023. You can see building entrance on Sudbury and car park ramp.

IMG_0374.jpeg
IMG_0375.jpeg
IMG_0369.jpeg
IMG_0371.jpeg
IMG_0367.jpeg
IMG_0368.jpeg
IMG_0372.jpeg

I have been there as well. I do wonder, however, who owns the land and how long before this large plot of land is developed. My partner and I had a discussion about how much FSI could go there and both agreed it would be very high especially with a change in zoning. Sorry! 🤔

Not to unduly distract from the thread at hand, but let's have a brief, if closer look at this idea:

Aerial Pic:

1683381129321.png

Site Size: ~6700m2/72000ft2

Comments. Large site, but hampered by irregular shape, and 'Neighbourhoods' to the north.
Area is also short of parkland, and on a large site like this, it's likely 10-15% goes park, probably the irregular shape in the north-east.
Height precedent is what's immediately to the west. Which gives you a range of 8s-20s.

But the 20s has Dufferin frontage, this does not, I don't see it.

I think you're probably looking at 7-12s, tapering down towards the north.

Still, not insignificant. But I think Freshco would have to find a new home in the area first and there really isn't a lot going up that has that kind of floorplate.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

The glass wall looks well executed but I think it's a shame they didn't bring the brick all the way down to the ground level. Not the most inviting streetscape. An unfortunate flaw in an otherwise impressive building.
I kind of like the contrast and separation between the residential units and shopfronts. It would be nice to see once the black covering of the metal details have been fully removed.

Not to unduly distract from the thread at hand, but let's have a brief, if closer look at this idea:

Aerial Pic:

View attachment 474716

Site Size: ~6700m2/72000ft2

Comments. Large site, but hampered by irregular shape, and 'Neighbourhoods' to the north.
Area is also short of parkland, and on a large site like this, it's likely 10-15% goes park, probably the irregular shape in the north-east.
Height precedent is what's immediately to the west. Which gives you a range of 8s-20s.

But the 20s has Dufferin frontage, this does not, I don't see it.

I think you're probably looking at 7-12s, tapering down towards the north.

Still, not insignificant. But I think Freshco would have to find a new home in the area first and there really isn't a lot going up that has that kind of floorplate.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Sorry to keep this off topic. Looked at this site casually a couple years ago. Another item to note is that there is a SASP on this site that looks for the cornice of a development to line up with the cornice of the Gladstone Hotel.
1683919817995.png

Outstanding building all around, this is truly great work by Skale and Quadrangle and well executed on all fronts.

Too bad a lot of other developers cant learn from builds like this.

Is FreshCo still the only grocery store in this area?

I saw a unit listed for rent in this building and all the exterior photos were renders. I was surprised at how good they looked for Sudbury Street, and then I came to this thread. Yeesh, talk about cheapening.

Back