Site Approval application submitted Jun. 8:

Development Applications

Updated project description:
The proposal consists of a residential building with a maximum height of approximately 81 metres which includes a maximum tower height of 24 storeys, plus mechanical penthouse/amenity space and mezzanine, with a mid-rise element having a maximum height of 11 storeys and approximately 36 metres and a maximum 4-storey base building height of approximately 15 metres.

Site Approval application submitted Jun. 8:

Development Applications

Updated project description:
Wallman Architects: 24 storeys

1625133613497.png

1625133624039.png

Coloured east elevation:

1625133668801.png

Ground level does not look like retail. Are they live-work units ?
It would be pity to have live-only units at this location.

Ground level does not look like retail. Are they live-work units ?
It would be pity to have live-only units at this location.
Not live-work nor retail. There's plenty of retail a minute's walk away on Dundas, and some coming a couple minutes' walk south at the Tridel Islington Terrace project beside the steps down to Islington (and the subway). Live-work would have been good here, but I'm not sure more retail would work here.

Does that mean the tower plan has been cancelled?

Grapevine in the neighborhood says the school next door made it a hot potato and they're building townhouses to cover their losses and move on.

No.

The only SPA (Site Plan Approval) currently under review here is for a 24s tower.

The new renderings are updated in the database! There are minor changes added to the overall project information. The overall building height decreased from 86.35m to 82.00m. The overall unit count changed from 325 units to 324 units. Finally, the total parking space counts changed from 179 parking spaces to 184 parking spaces.

I like the podium. Whereas the tower would've been alright if they stuck to one congruent motif throughout, instead of 3 or 4. But alas, here we are!

Not a great shot but thought I'd post a recent photo since I was shooting Westerly across the street anyway.
December 9th-looking north to the intersection of Dundas and Burnhamthorpe road.
1702818555842.jpeg

Back